Help me choose a highlighting e/s

Chester

Blanc Type is my HG highlighter / transition color but for the summer vacation I want something shimmery. No glitter, no sparkle, just shimmer. I want something along the lines of BT in color, or Tissuweight. And I only have one spot left in my quad. Which one of those shall I choose?

Phloof!
Seedy Pearl
Sweet Lust
Vapour
Mylar
Dazzlelight
Vanilla
Shroom
Naked Lunch
Gleam

I have Brule (not shimmery enough), Forgery (too shimmery) and a couple LEs which I don't want to bring along in case I lose them (incl. Tissueweight).

Senoj

I love Ricepaper eyeshadow. It does have a slight shimmer in it and it looks good with all skin tones. I've used it on myself and others.

Donut

I say Vanilla, Vapour, or Shroom; pending on that your skin tone is like.

Some of the others have a little more "color" to them... but it's up to you. Just a note to keep in mind.... Consider how tan you get and how "bright" your highlighter is, also shimmer tends to really reflect light especially when your tan offsets it so you don't want something too bright that makes you look like you have foil on your lids.

Good Luck!!

LMD84

shroom is one of my faves.
smiles.gif

Door

Shroom if you want sheen. I find Vanilla very matte and similar to Blanc Type.

Chester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Which skin tone are you?

I personally love Vanilla and Shroom.

Still NW15 in Studio Fix Powder Plus, despite all the sun time I got in the last weeks.
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senoj
I love Ricepaper eyeshadow. It does have a slight shimmer in it and it looks good with all skin tones. I've used it on myself and others.

I own Ricepaper but I don't like it as a highlighter, it oxidizes on me and the base color is a bit too yellow for my liking.
th_dunno.gif
Great lid color on me nonentheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut
I say Vanilla, Vapour, or Shroom; pending on that your skin tone is like.

Some of the others have a little more "color" to them... but it's up to you. Just a note to keep in mind.... Consider how tan you get and how "bright" your highlighter is, also shimmer tends to really reflect light especially when your tan offsets it so you don't want something too bright that makes you look like you have foil on your lids.

Good Luck!!

Thanks for the tip about tans. I don't know how much I will tan, I'm gonna be in Florida for the first time ever. I bet I will tan more than here in Europe in the last years.

The favs seem to be Shroom, Vanilla, Vapour, Mylar and Dazzlelight. I will go store shopping on Friday hopefully and will take a closer look at those.

Thanks for your help!
bigheart.gif

Chester

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I would pick Shroom or Dazzlelight!
smiles.gif

After an endless time of swatching in store and comparing I chose those two!
yes.gif
I found that both work splendidly! (Sorry, I'm a bit crazy after watching "New Moon" Aro's behavior and his ancient language skills today that reminded me of an Asterix & Obelix movie. Splendid! Wonderful!
th_LMAO.gif
)