Help me fill out my blush kit . . .

Randy Rose

Hey ladies and gents!

I just moved to a new city and have started doing a little freelance work - makeovers, lessons, that type of thing. I have a wonderfully diverse collection of shadows (something like 65 or so, with lots of neutrals and just about every COLOR in the rainbow!) and lipsticks and whatnot, but I'm pretty lacking when it comes to blushes. I come from a mostly stage / drag background, so most of my blushes don't lend themselves as much to a lighter, day-type, beauty beat. I've got one 6-palette (and Emote in its pot) and decided to pick up another and fill it out. I need five new shades: which would you recommend to create a more well-rounded kit? The blushes already in my kit are:

Blunt
Emote
Otherworldly
True Red
Fever
Deep Pink
Mocha

So, as you can tell . . . great for contouring or a drag queen, not so much for some actress from Ohio who doesn't know how to apply her freaking mascara.
smiles.gif
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

(PS - I shop at the pro store, so everything is fair game. Also, thoughts on adding a couple of creme blushes to my kit? Not in palettes, but just to have?)

edit: I also use Smooth Harmony and Alpha Girl as blushes.
smiles.gif

Shenanigans

My two favourites are Dame (everyday look) and Dollymix (for brighter/night time looks) - I'm pale and I don't like to have 'obvious' blush most of the time. Hope that helps? =)

MAC_Whore

Melba
Springsheen
Flirt & Tease
Pink Swoon
Plum Foolery
Ambering Rose

Moving to Recommendations.
smiles.gif

euphrosyne_rose

I second the Pink Swoon and Springsheen^. I also love Gingerly and even though it's not in refill form, Gentle Mineralize Blush is my favorite of the moment. I also think Pinch O Peach is awesome.

sharkbytes

I can't say enough about Tenderling...it's such a great cheek color. My best friend recently got married and this is what her wedding makeup artist used on her (NC20)

Also, Pink Swoon and Peaches are amazing too~

Amaranth

Springsheen, Devil (great on dark skin tones), Azalea, and Dame. Dame is pretty much my new favourite everyday blush...so soft and pretty and it's got a very faint blue sparkle to it (almost like there's a tiny bit of transparent blue reflects glitter in it...very subtle yet extremely pretty). I really like putting on a very, VERY faint amount of Azalea towards the outer corners of the face, and putting Dame more on the apples of the cheeks and overlapping them slightly...looks amazing and really adds depth.

anshu7

springsheen
smiles.gif
creamblushes:ladyblush and lilicent from mac. if u r open to other brands then i would suggest bobbi brown pot rouges from drugstore u can chk out nyx and sonia kashuk's cream blushes. i hope tht helps!

MzzRach

For basic, everyday, "flatters everyone" shades, I would pick:

Prism
Blushbaby
Cubic
Buff

Also, Blooming from the Cult of Cherry collection is amazing and looks great on a variety of skin tones.

Sanayhs

Plum Foolery and Springsheen are both great, and Blooming from the Cult of Cherry collection is absolutely fantastic.

A blushcreme can be really good to use as a base for powder blush to make it last longer (CCBs work, too). MAC's discontinuing a lot of their blushcremes, though, and don't seem to have the best of them, so you might consider another brand for it? Out of MAC's, though, I'd probably nab Pleasureful before it's gone if you wanted one, or Ladyblush.