Help me make a decision!!!

farra712

Edited****

I think I have made a decision so, now let's just keep our fingers crossed that it works out the way i want it to! Thanks again everyone for your input. I will let you all know what I decided to do tomorrow!

Jaim

If I'm clear, you can take the job at the spa and freelance for MAC, yes? That's my vote!

And if you find that you're having trouble with both jobs, you could talk to your boss(es) and see if it would be possible to get a few less hours of something.

I'm sure you'll figure it out.
smiles.gif

midgetfury74

well i would say b/c of your situation with the medical and insurance issues that you are dealing with that it would be wisest to go with the job that is going to start the soonest and is offering more money which is at the salon. ans like Jaim said there are always various options for working with MAC.

CrimsonCountess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaim
If I'm clear, you can take the job at the spa and freelance for MAC, yes? That's my vote!

And if you find that you're having trouble with both jobs, you could talk to your boss(es) and see if it would be possible to get a few less hours of something.

smiles.gif

I second this suggestion!

user6

I third that motion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaim

smiles.gif

I totally agree....don't like being a lemming, but I have to say you need to go with what's going to pay your bills and keep you from going hungry! Sure the MAC position would be great, but what if you end up not getting it? then you let the opportunity for the spa job get away, and you'll end up regretting it! Besides, I'm sure in the future there will always be a better opportunity at MAC that's a for sure thing, not a maybe thing! So go handle your business girl!!!

farra712

Thanks everyone! I went ahead and talked to the manager at MAC and she said that the guy who had the 15 hour position has his last day this friday and she asked if I would be interested in that and I said I would, so she said that we would talk more about it once I made sure of my hours at the spa. I would really like to get it even though that will have me working at least 55 hours a week between the two. And even if I don't get it, yes I can stay on as freelance, I just won't get as many hours or the awesome discount benefits and such! Thanks again for all of your responses! I feel more at ease that I am doing the right thing. You ladies have a great day.

NobodyPlease

Just think too...at the spa <or at least all that I know of here where I live> you can also do makeup for them as well. So that gives you double the exposure between MAC and the spa. ALSO as you get more knowledge and such, the spa will open up new opportunities with makeup that are only exclusive to spas and your knowledge from MAC will open up you giving your advice and opinions on lines of make up to use at the spa as well. Alot of times too, spa owners will help you continue your education on the latest and greatest in the beauty business and they usually pay for it. So girl .... I think you have the best of both worlds here. Take it by the horns and don't let go darlin'!!!!

Carol