Help me organize my palletes, please.

PinkFreezePop

I finally bought 2 15 slot palletes today. I'm thinking one will be for "fun" colors, and the other will be for more basic colors and highlighters.

So far, from what I have in pro-pan/depotted:

Pallete 1 (basics)
Jete, Rite of Spring, Vex, Brule, Llama, Woodwinked, Mulch, Cork, Black Tied, Mineralism, Naked Lunch, Coppering, Antiqued, Embarked

Pallete 2 (fun)
Iris Print, Beautiful Iris, Shimmermoss, Aquadisiac, Lustreleaf, Electric Eel, Juxt, Electra, Perverted Pearl, Vellum, Pink Freeze, Stars N Rockets

I still have lots to add, but where should I put Amber Lights and Sumptuous Olive?

mzreyes

i would put amber lights and sumptuous olive in pallete 1
smiles.gif

Bernadette

I look at the MAC website and organize my palletes based on that. Then they are in order of the color spectrum
smiles.gif

Winthrop44

I just bought two 15 slot palettes as well, and I decided to split them up by day vs night looks. Then within each palette I organized them similar to the color spectrum on the MAC web site. Don't know how I'll like that yet, but I'm trying to limit the number of shadows I buy and actually use the ones I have (I find that I'm more of a collector than a user), and I thought that might help.
lol.gif

PinkFreezePop

Yeah, that's a good idea. Coppering is such an inbetween color. Once I build on my collection a little more, I might just star a whole in-between pallete.
smiles.gif

erica_1020

Hi I have done the same as you I have a nuetral/gold pallete and a colors pallete I have Amberlights in the neutrals and Sumptuos Olive with the colors because all of my other greens are there

Sanne

I started my pallettes with a pinkpurple & neutral one, and a bold one(all greens/bluesand yellows) now I have 7 palettes and I have got one per color: neutral/brown/beige, green, pink, purple/silver/black, orange/yellow, blue, and one for everyday use, which I fill up with colors I want to use for a look before doing my makeup

Bernadette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne
I started my pallettes with a pinkpurple & neutral one, and a bold one(all greens/bluesand yellows) now I have 7 palettes and I have got one per color: neutral/brown/beige, green, pink, purple/silver/black, orange/yellow, blue, and one for everyday use, which I fill up with colors I want to use for a look before doing my makeup

Dang, 7? I have 2 1/2 and I thought I was doing good!

asnbrb

I've got blue, green, black/grey/white, purple, pink, brown and "most used" palettes. I've also got tons of quads that house my brows and my pressed piggies.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
I look at the MAC website and organize my palletes based on that. Then they are in order of the color spectrum
smiles.gif

thank you... i might have to try this!

at the moment mine is arranged in an order i made up
smiles.gif
i just put colours that work well together near each other.