Help me play detective!!

euphrosyne_rose

I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas and if you're like me, you're hoping for good things to come next year!!

I was hoping you ladies could give me your opinion on something or tell me if you've ever had a similar reaction with any of these products. I'm trying to figure out what is causing me to break out in random, small red bumps on my face. So far none have popped up on my forehead, it's mostly just on the inner part of my cheeks, down towards my mouth and one on my chin. These aren't blaring, huge pimples, but just very small red bumps. I have in total right now about 4-5 that just started in the last couple of days.

About 3 weeks ago, I started using the Origins Starting Over with Mimosa moisturizer after reading alot of great reviews on it. So far, I feel like my skin is smoother and more soft and I definitely feel like it moisturizes since I do get a bit dry once the cold weather starts in. I use the Origins Checks and Balances face wash and have been using the same amount of time as the moisturizer. About a week and a half ago, I was in the drugstore browsing and came across the Neutrogena Glow Sheers "foundation" and decided to give it a try. Other than the color being a tiny bit too dark, I really liked the product since I don't like anything heavy or mask-looking on my face. I use my Clinique Mineral powder over it and have been using that product for several months. I also use Philosophy's Help Me retinol treatment but not every night. I started noticing the little red bumps about 3 days ago and since then have started using the Help Me more frequently for it. This morning I noticed about 2 new small bumps. I'm trying to figure out what the culprit is. My guess is leaning towards the Neutrogena but I'm just not sure. Any insight or suggestions?? Before this my skin had started looking the best it's looked in awhile after I started the Origins and I'm getting bummed with this stupid bumps appearing!

kelly815

Ive had a similar reaction to a powder by nutrogena. I broke out like crazy. but this was maybe 2 years ago i would think they've reformulated since then. but maybe theres some ingredient in both products that just irratates us. my skin really insnt that sensitive usually. Its one of the only products I've had to stop using.

fieran

I had small bumps from Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. I switched to Gel and it went away. These bumps were mostly on my forehead - they didn't feel like pimples at all. I believe the culprit was Mineral Oil.

euphrosyne_rose

Hmmm, I'm going to have to check my Neutrogena and the Origins and see if that could be it possibly. I thought maybe it was an ingredient my skin wasn't taking a liking to. Thanks!

I had small bumps from Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. I switched to Gel and it went away. These bumps were mostly on my forehead - they didn't feel like pimples at all. I believe the culprit was Mineral Oil.