help me round out my e/s collection!

scentofevil

i feel like what i've got isn't versatile enough, given the limited selection of colors i have at hand. any suggestions? what do i NEED?

EYESHADOWS
knight divine
silver ring
black tied
flashtrack
mulch
greensmoke
fiction
trax
mythology
naked lunch

PIGMENTS
teal
golden olive
blue storm
chocolate brown
coco
forest green
tan

PAINTS
magrittes
bamboom
canton candy

Misc. non-mac stuff
UD Roach
Body Shop shimmer cubes palette 10
Body Shop peacock green e/s
NYX Herb
Clinique Like Mink duo

i'm thinking of getting expensive pink, star violet, and gleam. thoughts??

what do i need to work with the colors i have? TIA
smiles.gif
i have black hair, dark brown eyes, and am warm/yellow NC40ish.

alysia

spring up is great, brule is a nice neutral, all that glitters, sable, botanical & vex are all nice as well. For BRIGHT colours, go Overgrown, Budding Beauty, Leisuretime (if you can get it LE/DC), Swimming, Coppering, Goldmine, Cranberry, & Stars n Rockets are all great
smiles.gif

YvetteJeannine

You've a lot of great shadows...actually, they ARE very versatile...each of those e/s's you listed are key "pairing" e/s's..(most of these can pair very well with a wide selection of colors), and there's a TON of combo's you can make just w/ those colors you listed!...Many of the e/s's you already have are staples in any MAC e/s kit..

However, if you want to creat a few different looks, here's what I personally have in mind: For a pink, I would go w/ PINK FREEZE; IMO it is MAC'S prettiest, most versatile pink. I'm not much of a "pink girl", but I do LOVE this one!!

I would also get a couple purples. BEAUTIFUL IRIS is a great purple e/s...not too harsh or dark, but enough to give a nice purple look! If you want something a bit darker, try PARFAIT AMOUR (I don't think this color looks good on me personally, but many of the Specktrettes love it). I also like the look of NOCTURNELLE.

You have a few greens, but most of them are darker. I would go w/ SWIMMING for a lighter look. A VERY pretty shadow.

Last, but certainly not least, are the BLUES! Although I personally don't have this one, I bought DEEP TRUTH for my niece, and it's a terrific color!! It is very deep, so you may need a light touch w/ it, but it is one of those must-haves. I'm getting it myself
th_wink3.gif
Also, you may want to add one or two light blues to your collection.

Well, this is a start, anyway. I'm sure you'll get much more great advice.

BTW, with the Pigments you have, you should be able to create many different, unique looks. Good luck, and most importantly...HAVE FUN!!! THAT'S WHAT M/U IS ALL ABOUT!!!!
wavey.gif

pr1nces583

hope this helps but these are my favourites:
Green: swimming and overgrown
Pink: swish
Purple (ish)- star violet
blue- zonk bleu, freshwater and tilt
peachy colours- paradisco and coppering
teal- steamy
neutral (i dont really wear neutral colours!)- shroom

the best thing to do when buying new colours is to think about which other colours you will pair them with. i always make sure i can make a pair when i get a new one. this gets easier (by far!) as your collection grows and dont forget u can pair pigments and shadows
smiles.gif

hope that helps!

mspixieears

I would consider adding perhaps Woodwinked and Sumptuous Olive. They're pretty versatile, and will go with neutrals, browns, greens etc. - definitely with your pigments and 2 of your paints.

I like Beautiful Iris, and someone else above plugged it, so I'll support that too.