HELP! steel blue with transparent sticker AB3???

cocolette

so i bought a steel blue pigment off ebay from panacea81, she does youtube videos, and she sells nice stuff, im just a bit confused about the sticker on the bottom, its transparent and the letters/nummbers read 'AB3'
ive just tried to take pictures on my camera but it wont focus so close for some reason??!....edit, ok i jsut took photos, didnt focus too well :S but at least you can see
greengrin.gif
the first one is the barcode on the bottom of the box, you cant see it at all but the top of the barcode has 'AB3' too. teh second one is the bottom of the jar, you cant see it at all but just too help :S the thrid one is the jar. the forth one is the box and the jar, my nails that need doing but i cant do them one haned (broken wrist), the plastic thing that covers the pigment is in the lid. hope this all helps, in case you know her, i dont think it is a fake im just not sure!! im kinding thinking it may just bee that it was made in 2003 so its different to those that are in stock now :S
thanks
coco xxxxxxxxx
DSCF8062.jpg
DSCF8063.jpg
DSCF8064.jpg

DSCF8065.jpg

wolfsong

My nails look like that too - only with black
greengrin.gif

- Is the barcode printed on or a sticker? It should be a sticker, and have white underneath if you lift a corner of it.

- Does the sticker say anything other then the batch code (it should say the shade name too on the jar), and the sticker on the top of the box should be black - and have white underneath if lifted- at the top right hand corner (when the front of the box faces you) and say just the shade name. If i remember correctly the authentic clear stickers were for older Pro pigments (which Steel Blue is) and older Glitters.

- Look at the clear disc inlay when you take off the black lid - does it feature a series (or a couple of them) of letters/numbers? - Anthenitc MAC has these, counterfeits dont.

- Look at the base of the jar, does it feature a series (or a few) of letters/numbers? Authentic MAC has these, counterfeits dont.

That batch code is fine as a batch code (i dont know if its real to that pigment) - the first digit= batch (A=1st, B=2nd), the second digit means the month (1=jan up to 9=sept, A=oct, B=nov, C=dec), and the third digit is the year (3=2003 - which is perfectly okay to use as they are a dry product, and thus unless they get wet/tainted they can last you a lifetime...Well a decade or two at least!)

That seller had 2009 pigments up, so i would personally be weary about her.

me_jelly

The transparent sticker on the bottom means it's a MAC PRO pigment
-AB3 is a valid code = first batch, nov, 2003

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_jelly
The transparent sticker on the bottom means it's a MAC PRO pigment
-AB3 is a valid code = first batch, nov, 2003

Exactly. I have Deep Purple, which is a pro pigment, and it has a clear label with a similar batch number.

me_jelly, how did you know that the "B" meant November?

wolfsong

Copied from my above post:
The first digit= batch (A=1st, B=2nd), the second digit means the month (1=jan up to 9=sept, A=oct, B=nov, C=dec), and the third digit is the year (3=2003 - which is perfectly okay to use as they are a dry product, and thus unless they get wet/tainted they can last you a lifetime...Well a decade or two at least!)

me_jelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Exactly. I have Deep Purple, which is a pro pigment, and it has a clear label with a similar batch number.

me_jelly, how did you know that the "B" meant November?

for the second position in any batch code, it ranges from 1-9 (jan-Sept), then A-C (Oct-Dec) - so I guess they ran out of numbers for Oct-Dec lol

cocolette

taht batch number seemed ok, and everything seems great, numbers and stickers are all where they should be, i was just worried abou the clear sticker!
when did she have 09 pigments up??

wolfsong

A few weeks ago - i mentioned it on another post, so if you search for her name you'll find it. It was quite bizarre as she had real items up, but these 2009 ones - she must have known??