Help with eyeshadow color for a palette?

Ms.Lulu

My sis in law has mentioned that she has really been wanting to try Mac eyeshadows and I am thinking that I want to get her that for christmas. I want to buy a palette (of four) and get her the colors too because she has mentioned before that she isn't really good at picking colors, she loves those quads that I believe L'oreal sells that has 4 eyeshadows and it tells you exactly where you apply them (highlight, lid, inner corner etc).

So I am thinking of making her a pallete of 4. I am just not sure what colors to go for. Should I do browns, purples or a smokey eye look? Also, what colors would you recommend I add in? She is not afraid of color and her skintone I believe is around NC25-NC30.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Ms.Lulu

Okay so I just looked through some of her FB pictures and it seems like she liks: Grays, Browns, Purples. So any recommendations would be great for those colors. I am an NC40 so what might looks good on me might not look good on her! What do you ladies think of Nylon? Is it a good highlight color for her skintone?

bell21

Nylon is ok, its not my favorite but I don't hate it. If I was making the quad I'd do Rice Paper/Shroom, Satellite Dreams, Beauty Marked and either Carbon/Knight Black. But I like purple smokey eyes
smiles.gif

Greys - good ones are Knight Divine, Silver Ring
Browns - Woodwinked, Twinks, Honeylust (which isn't brown, but is very pretty with browns).

These are all permanent colors you'd be able to get in a pan at any MAC store. Are there any colors/looks you've worn that she's really liked or said she'd like to try herself? That'd be a good idea to go with also.

Ms.Lulu

Thank you for the suggestions! I was actually thinking of satellite dreams too so I'm going to go with that for sure. I like the idea of having purples and greys together because that seems to be her favorite colors.
Ok, so I am going to do: Nylon/Shroom, Satellite Dreams, Knight Eyeshadow, and Carbon. I think Carbon is definitely a must-have so I am going to add that in there! What do you ladies think?