Help with foundation, please

framcoe

I wear C3 in MAC Studio Fix powder. It's starting to get on my nerves because at times I think I look too powdery. I have the extra added attraction of having oily, aging skin with semi large pores and old acne scars. I wear a mattifier under the powder and that could be why I'm looking powdery. I would love to try MAC Prolongwear or Estee Lauder Double Wear. What do you ladies recommend? I'm over 50 and at a loss for the first time in my long make-up wearing life. Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA!!!!!

LC

there a tons of formulas out there, it's going to take trial and error to find one that suits your skin best. i suggest dedicating an hour or two at some counters to try foundations on and see what you like

framcoe

Sometimes your skin just changes and products don't work in the same way as they used to, whether you are aging or not. I know I have had this problem with products, recently my skin has changed (no idea why) and a lot of my old faithful products are not working. I would just forget about Studio Fix and not try to work with it. I think MAC Studio Sculpt (works well on me when skin is looking rough and behaving very uncooperatively) and Pro Longwear (great but can be a *little* dry when skin is dehydrated) are MACs best foundations and are worth checking out, get samples though don't feel obliged to buy without trying properly first. NARS Sheer Glow is another great foundation.
I hear you. Probably having at least a couple in rotation is a good idea. Thanks for the tips.

Miss Berri

I would definitly sample a few different ones and maybe think about a different primer depending on what type of foundation you end up with.