Help with Glitter eyeshadow like Beyonce in Dreamgirls

powderpaint

Hi, Im currently attending makeup school and one of our requirements is to create a look that inspires you (from magazines, movies, etc). There's one that made my jaw drop (and it's still in my mind up to now), it's in Dreamgirls and its when Beyonce had this smokey eye look but with glitters.

I really want to do this look on one of my models, but what kind of glitter do I use and how do I make it stick? I was thinking of MAC Glitter liner but it would be too expensive. Help.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...dreamgirls.jpg

User49

You could use mac or urban decay glitter liners for this. If you find that too expensive, try finding some glitter pot pigment mac samples from ebay and apply the loose glitter with a bit of vasaline. I would recomment using Mac Eye Gel. It's hard to make the glitter stay tho unless you use something like the glitter liquid liners they do at Christmas in Mac. That is a fantastic look. You will also need some decent black gel eyeshadow. I recommend either mac paint pot in blacktrack or see if they have anything at Superdrug or Boots.

If you need a decent colour/glitter brand that is cheaper than mac try Barry M at Superdrug
nanaparty.gif

me_jelly

I use mac glitter (in the pigment pots) - I put a few drops of mixing medium on the back of my hand, grab some glitter with a dry brush, and mix the glitter with the mixing medium, and then apply to my eyes - this way, the glitter sticks - you can put a tiny amount of glitter into the medium for a sparkly look, or a lot for a dramatic glittered look

SparklingWaves

I don't know if you live near a Sally's but they also have small tubes of eye glitters in several colors for a $1.00. Also, they have a small tube of glitter adhesive too. I think it's a $1.00 too. Under the Sephora website, they have a company called Pop Beauty. They have a case of glitters. I love glitter too.