help with the 188 brush

nettiepoo

Im having a problem...i recently bought the 188 brush fom my mac store and i like it but it seems like it takes forever to put my foundation on with it. The mua said that i could use it with foundation, blush and msn. Anyhoo, im thinking about exchanging it for the 187 cuz it looks bigger and hopefully want take so much time to do foundation. You ladies ever heard of using the 188 for foundation (studio fx fluid) blush, MSN ? Which one should i be using? BTW, i really need the brush to be multi-function. Please let me know, many thanks!

gildedangel

A 188 could be used for foundation but it would take forever! Blush and MSFs work better with this brush than the 187 though, I find the 187 to be too big for those purposes.

obscuria

The 188 can be used for foundation, but I only use when I need to get into precise areas of my face such as the corners of my nose etc. It is better with blush and highlight.

The 187 is much more efficient for foundation coverage if that is what you are looking for. I personally think most people only need the 187 because this works for foundation, blush and highlight and since it is bigger you take less time to apply your makeup.

Sass

It's the only brush I use with my Stuido Fix Fluid and it doesn't take long at all. I stipple with it. *shrugs* It applies over my entire face perfectly. My only complaint about this brush is that it sheds somewhat. I originally bought it to apply blush, but it ended up becoming my foundation brush. I thought I was going to have to go with the 187, but I haven't gotten one yet. I've had my 188 for a while now. Love.

nettiepoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sass
It's the only brush I use with my Stuido Fix Fluid and it doesn't take long at all. I stipple with it. *shrugs* It applies over my entire face perfectly. My only complaint about this brush is that it sheds somewhat. I originally bought it to apply blush, but it ended up becoming my foundation brush. I thought I was going to have to go with the 187, but I haven't gotten one yet. I've had my 188 for a while now. Love.

What does stipple mean?

gildedangel

Stipple means patting it onto your face, like just the ends of the bristles touch your skin and you pat the bristles on and off your face lightly. Hope that makes sense!

nettiepoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
Stipple means patting it onto your face, like just the ends of the bristles touch your skin and you pat the bristles on and off your face lightly. Hope that makes sense!

LOL, yea i get it. *Thanks i was gona click thanks button but its not showing it.