Helping a friend with small eyes

kradge79

My best friend is going on a dinner cruise and wants help with her makeup. She wants to do a smokey eye, which is fine, except that she has extremely small eyes, which is the opposite of me. Does anyone have any tips? Anything is appreciated!

Bootyliciousx

Well I know

that when you use a black eyeliner if you put it in the lids it makes the eyes looks smaller

using eyeliner outside the lids-black-makes it look bigger

also dont line the whole lid - do like a v shape.. eyeline the first lid only half way starting from the outer and the same for the bottom

Also lighter color enhance things and darker makes it look smaller hope that helps.

Beauty Mark

I have fairly small eyes (medium sized for being East Asian, small compared to most.) You can wear black eyeliner and wear it normally, you just don't line your entire lid. I usually line the top part entirely and the outer 1/3 to 2/3 of my lower.

What does her dress look like? I've been doing the smokey lid thing with taupes, coppery browns, and other medium dark shades. Dark colors, in an overwhelming amount, can shrink the eye. I'm also just over black smokey eyes and like to experiment more. Gray or lilac could also be very pretty.