Hi, all. Brand new member

CatDetective

Hi, just joined the forum as it seemed like exactly what I was looking for.

I'm a longtime makeup lover, and it's the artistry and the transformative quality that really drew me to it. Getting involved in theatre was the gateway drug for me, and getting to do different types of faces for myself and for others. For a long time, I never wore makeup at all unless it was for the theatre, actually, because that was my introduction (and because before theatre, I was... pretty dysphoric about my own appearance, and avoided my face and body, and couldn't really wrap my head around being able to make that change in myself on a day-to-day basis)

I've done stage makeup at the college level, and expanded my non-theatrical makeup use in the years since-- I've discovered I really love that 'cosmetic' smell from certain products, and the feel of some.

For a long time, my lack of income kind of kept me limited to drugstore makeup, and now I'm (more of) an adult, and while I don't bring in a lot, I'm able to work splurges into my budget and starting to experiment with some of the mid-range/higher end things. I love dramatic/dark/unusual lip colors-- mattes are my number one jam-- and have recently developed an obsession with Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics.

I'm super pale (as in, it took me about a decade to find a foundation light enough) with redness and sensitivity issues, I always wreck my nail art doing something arty/crafty, and Hallowe'en is the most wonderful time of the year (currently helping out with zombie makeup for a video project w/ a group of local artists!)

I have a lot of hobbies and I'm pretty open to questions if I've left anything out, and I can't believe I made it to the end of this introduction without talking about my cat (I have an awesome cat)!