Hi from the Bay Area

LionQueen

Hey guys.. just thought I'd say hello - I love makeup but I generally buy Lauder, UD, Lancome and Clinique, along with NYX and some drugstore stuff, ect. I have some liquidlasts and fluidlines, and that's it. However, I started watching the makeup guru girls on youtube, and so many of them use MAC and rave about it, that I have decided to take the plunge and really explore. There are so many things I want to try, but I'm waiting til after Xmas, I'm going to use my Xmas money and get a makeover at the counter and then buy some stuff - I want to get a couple pigments, a paintpot, shadestick, liner, lipstick, gloss - the whole 9. I'm really intriuged by the mineralized skinfinishes, and the mineralized eyeshadows. I assume all these girls love MAC for a reason
smiles.gif
The thing is, for dept. store makeup its easiest for me to go to Macys, and the Macys 5 mins from my house doesn't carry MAC (do ANY Macys carry MAC?).

Luckily living in SF, there's a pro store in the city, so maybe I'll go down there to do my shopping - who knows. Anyway my point is, I'm a MAC newbie and looking forward to learning about the brand and playing with all the colors
smiles.gif

As for personal info, I live in San Francisco in the sunset district with my boyfriend and our tabby cat.
supacool.gif

dreamer246

Hello! Yeah everything about MAC is pretty awesome.
mac_addict.gif
Take your time to explore Specktra and MAC (it's my candystore
drools.gif
).

MrsRjizzle

Welcome!!! Lots of macys cary mac. im shocked yours doesnt! in SF youll find it at Saks, Nordstroms and Macys so the counters near you are endless im sure! Post pictures after your makeover when you go!!

Merry Christmas!

ticki

welcome! definitely hit the pro store if you're in the city anyways. that's like makeup heaven.

theperfectqueen

I'm from the Bay Area also! Welcome to Specktra. The Macy's downtown near Union Square has a MAC counter as well as Nordstom's in the mall. I work in SF so when a new collection comes out I always head to the union square MACY's......if they don't have what I want then Nordies is sure to have it. Unfortunately the MAC pro store is way down on Union Street so I don't get to go there that often.

I'm thinking about moving to SF to be closer to work. Do you know of some good areas to live?