high end make up at discounted prices

Sundae

Is there such a place on the net where i can buy good quality make up like (dior, mac, nars etc) but at dicounted prices.

I know ebay sellers sell them but i'm kinda getting freaked out by all the fake merchandice on there.

I also wanted to find a site that do reccomedations of show how a product works before i spend my money on it. Too many times i have bought make up without testing it properly first. I did this with a lot of MAC lip glosses. I've bought many and I think their not really worth the money. They wear off really quickly for my liking. I bought a store brand and it listed 5 times longer than the MAC ones

i would be greatfull if you could list any sites

daisydeadpetals

I would recommend makeupalley for reviews. I usually check the reviews there before buying anything!

As far as discount websites, I don't know of any...but if you have a CCO near you, they have discounted MAC, Stila and Estee Lauder makeup

The clearance bin here always has great deals too!

Beauty Mark

Why don't you just go to the store and test it?

I've bought stuff off of ebay... I only went to sellers with high ratings (like 100% positive.) It was fine

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Why don't you just go to the store and test it?

I've bought stuff off of ebay... I only went to sellers with high ratings (like 100% positive.) It was fine

I've bought tons of stuff from ebay without even thinking twice. I make sure I check feedback and comments though.

Hawkeye

second all these ladies- the best place is ebay but make sure you read all the comments or at least the majority of them and the feedback. If you have any questions make sure you ask the seller - but make sure it's not in the listing or the title. Like if it says BNIB and it says it about 2 or 3 times in the listing chances are it is BNIB and has never been used. A lot of sellers (me included) will not answer questions like that if it's been answered in the actual listing.

But anyway- the best thing to do is: For reviews go to MUA. There is a thread in the MAC area where they have a bunch of good sellers there and people to watch out for. It's under the counterfits heading.

HTHS

Sundae

some one suggested that i go out and try a product. I do go to the counters sometimes but at times i feel kinda intimidated. I feel kinda weired when i go because i test all these products and don't buy anything
smiles.gif

I was really looking for an online store that maybe had videos or a range of women testing products. Is that too much to ask lol. i'm I wanting too much? I think that would be great if i could actually see it being demonstrated or tested instead of me having to go out all the time to try all the time.

can someone tell me what CCO is? i don't live in the US so i'm not sure what store that is

Beauty Mark

CCO= Cosmetic Company Outlet

I suggested that you actually go to the counters, because everyone's skin is different. For instance, many East Asians have no problem with MAC foundation. I do have problems with it and cannot wear it. My idea of long-wearing is different than yours probably. I've had excellent luck with products that people claim will crease and vice versa. I also think that photos, while nice, lighting and whose skin they're on isn't going to look the same as what's on my skin.

Descriptions and reviews are nice, but I think something like makeup you really need to test out in person.

Buying from a seller can get pricey, BTW, because of shipping.

Mods, can we move this topic to the Cosmetics forum?