High End Makeup Outlets? Where to get a hold of old items.

Snarkling

Hi!

I've been around for a bit but don't post much since i'm kinda shy and don't know where to start.

So I've been obsessed with makeup for a long time but haven't gotten too much into high end stuff, too distracted by MAC collections, until recently. I've gotten 2 Dior quints, a Lancome quad, a Chanel blush (Pink Explosion! Yay!) and Guerlain Meteorites and now I want more, much, much more! Mostly though I am in love with Givenchy!

The problem is that I want stuff from past collections and I don't know where to find it. I always try to keep a look out in the Clearance Bin but I don't see a whole ton of high end stuff there especially Givenchy. So I was wondering if you guys can help. Are there outlets for these brands? I've found a Lancome outlet but none of the others. What do these companies do with their left over products? I never see them go on sale at Sephora but I know they have to do something with the left overs. Also I've been stalking allcosmeticswholesale.com and they don't have much by the way of Chanel, Givenchy or Geurlain.

So please help!

Also as a side note I noticed there isn't really a Givenchy thread, saw a couple relating but nothing consistent and all seem to be pretty old, and I was wondering if any one else would be interested. I'm not sure why they aren't that popular, except for the availability issue, I can only find it at Sephora.

So yeah if anyone else is interested let me know and we can start one.

Thanks!

katred

Specktra Bestie
th_hello2.gif
And welcome to (posting at) Specktra!

As far as I know, it's perfectly acceptable to start a thread on a cosmetics brand of your choice- someone did for Guerlain, as an example- and generally, once you start it, they will come. There's always people wanting to discuss brands, collections, products... I haven't tried much Givenchy but I'd love to hear what others think about it.

I can't comment too much on high-end makeup outlets, since I'm not in the US. Something that has worked for me is simply googling the brand and the product name from time to time and seeing if something pops up. Your other option would be ebay although, as you probably know, it is the world of trolls who are looking to charge you a premium for products you missed. Sometimes, though, you luck out.

Another thing I'd recommend is putting a wish list in the Clearance Bin section of this site. I've had people approach me with things on my list from doing that.

Happy hunting!

Snarkling

Hi, thanks for encouragement!

I think I will start a thread for Givenchy!

Hmm I might have try an ISO, couldn't hurt right? Ebay kind of worries me since I'm never sure about fakes. I took a look around and most of the prices seem pretty reasonable, but after seeing all the MAC fakes that come off there I'm nervous.

Still though a makeup addict will not be deterred right? I will track my stuff down!