• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

High Fashion Glittery Black Smokey Eyes

smellyocheese

Hello hello
th_wink3.gif

Here's the tutorial for my Fashion School Inspired FOTD

Hope you like it! C & C much appreciated
smiles.gif

----------------------------------------------------------

We're going for this look:

P1100220.jpg

Items Used:

Face:
Monistat Chafing Gel
Jordana Liquid Foundation Tawny
Revlon Skinlights in Peach Light (mixed with foundation)
Missha Perfect Concealer
Coastalscents Silica Powder

Cheeks:
e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush and Bronzing Duo (the bronzer)
Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush in #6
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in New Vegas

P1100267.jpg

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Slate
88 Eyeshadow Palette (matte black and matte white)
I Nuovi D27 Eyeshadow in Charcoal
NYX Eyeshadow in Hot Orange
MAC Eyeshadow in Era
MAC Eyeshadow in Ricepaper
MAC Creme Liner in Black
Maybelline Turbo Boost Mascara
I Nuovi EX 03 Pro Lashes
Daiso Auto Eyebrow Pencil

Lips:
NYX Round Lipstick in Circe
MAC Lipglass in Florabundance

----------------------------------------------------------
Let's get started!
th_DANCE.gif

New-Folder-%287%2922.jpg

After prepping my lids with UDPP, I apply Slate on my lid but only up til the crease. The creamy base will help the glitters to stick better. Then, I blend out Slate with my finger, going slightly above the crease. After that, use my Coastalscents Tapered Crease Brush to apply Matte Black eyeshadow on the outer corner and bring it towards the middle of the crease in circular motions. Using my e.l.f. Eyeshadow Brush, I PAT on the Charcoal eyeshadow and gently blend the edges.

New-Folder-%287%2923.jpg

After cleaning my Tapered Crease Brush, I used it again to apply Era right above the crease to smoothen out the harsh black shadow. Then, I followed with Ricepaper as my highlight. I used tape to pick up any glitters and eyeshadow that have fallen on my cheeks. After that, I used a teeny brush to apply Hot Orange along the lower lash line and extended it up towards the upper lash line.

New-Folder-%287%2924.jpg

Then, I went over the Hot Orange with the Matte Black shadow so that the orange kinda just peeks through. Yeah, it's kinda pointless.. hmm... I then used a round crease brush (CS) to highlight the inner corners of my eyes with Ricepaper. After that, I applied more Charcoal eyeshadow to connect the top lid with the bottom lash line. Once that's done, I line my upper lash line with Black cream liner. You can use liquid liner if you want.

New-Folder-%287%2925.jpg

Moving on to the face.... I mixed one part liquid illuminizer (Revlon) with two parts of foundation in my palm then apply it with a foundation brush. Loads and loads of foundation! It's so thick that it looks super streaky. I buff the foundation with my <3 e.l.f. Studio Powder Brush. I love it more than the MAC 187!!

New-Folder-%287%2926.jpg

I loaded up the concealer with Eco Tools concealer brush and basically blend the concealer into my foundation. I also used concealer to smooth out the edges of the eyeshadow so that it looks cleaner. Then, I set everything with silica powder. Jordana Foundation + Silica Powder = perfect match!

New-Folder-%287%2927.jpg

I filled in my brows entirely with an eyebrow pencil (I usually do half pencil, half powder). Then I added some Matte White eyeshadow right under the arch of the brow. Before I do my lashes, I popped in my golden blue contacts. Curl them lashes and apply few coats of mascara. It's falsies time! I do a line of lash glue on the back of my hand.

New-Folder-%287%2928.jpg

Then I stick the lash spine into the glue and place it along my lash line. I don't have under lashes so I used a fiber lengthening mascara to lengthen to bottom lashes. FINALLY DONE WITH THE EYES!

New-Folder-%287%2929.jpg

I did some contouring... not very good at it though. Used an angled cheek brush (Crown) to apply bronzer into the hollows of my cheeks. You can do the fishy face to make it easier. I contoured my jawline as well.

New-Folder-%287%2930.jpg

For my blush, I used my 187SE brush (MAC) and apply the blush right above the contour and brought it a little towards the apples. With a smaller duo fiber brush (Silk Naturals), I applied gold highlight on the cheekbones, nose, chin and over the bow of my lips.

New-Folder-%287%2931.jpg

Last step! The lips... I applied my Circe lipstick and Florabundance lipgloss.

New-Folder-%287%2933.jpg

Done!!

New-Folder-%287%2934.jpg

More close-ups.

New-Folder-%287%2932.jpg

Zeastlake

This is gorgeous and so clear and easy to follow... I'm going to try it tonight, thanks so much for posting it!!

smellyocheese

Thanks for the sweet comments, everyone
th_e2cloud9.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondasaurusrex
what brand are your contact lenses??
they look amazing !
& great tutorial. love the look
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by laraVENGEANCE
beautiful. your contacts are stunning! what brand are they?

Thanks
greengrin.gif
My lenses are called GEO Nudy Lens in Golden Blue. They're from Korea, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeastlake
This is gorgeous and so clear and easy to follow... I'm going to try it tonight, thanks so much for posting it!!

Hope it works out for ya!
smiles.gif

laraVENGEANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyocheese
Thanks for the sweet comments, everyone
th_e2cloud9.gif

Thanks
greengrin.gif
My lenses are called GEO Nudy Lens in Golden Blue. They're from Korea, I think.

Hope it works out for ya!
smiles.gif

i thought they were nudy's
smiles.gif
i think im gonna order myself a pair of green ones! theyre stunning.