highlighter crisis...!!

shimpaniac

Guys,im totally confused.After all that i heard about strobe,thought i'd give it a shot.Got a sample from MAC,and,though i hate to admit it,the thing just refuses to show up on me..as in,really give some substantial glow.I buffed some on my cheekbones with 187,under blush.It kind of shone a bit...but after i returned from dinner,3 hrs later,my face was almost totally matte!!!!
ssad.gif

i'd worn no foundation underneathe,btw.
Im nc 35 for ref.

so whats with this strobe,anyway?? Im being forced to believe its just a hyped product??or is there a user error here?

plzzz help me coz im so sick of my MSF'S...AND I DESPERATELY want a new,easy-to-use highlighter...glowy,not sparkly.
Would you recommend vanilla pigment? whats it like??heard a lot of good stuff about it...

highlighter recs plzz....i so want the J Lo glow!!!!
TIA!!

revinn

I use Strobe Cream, but instead of applying it with a brush, I pat it in with my fingers along my cheekbones and temples. I find that it lasts until I take it off at the end of the night. I also mix it in with my foundation, so maybe that help as well.

Mitsy

Benefits high beam or moon beam? I have both and they give a pretty noticeable glow, and if you want more dewyness, just add another coat - the coverage is very buildble. Or Nars multiples; I've heard lots of good things about it, I don't have the nars version myself, but I've got a copy cat version by a drugstore brand and it's pretty good, so now I want the Nars!

Kristal

are you using strobe cream or liquid?
Strobe cream is better imo, it gives a much better glow than the liquid.

*KT*

I dab a little Benefit High Beam into a container then 1 pump of my foundation, mix with the end of my foundation brush, and apply. I find this to give a lot more 'glow' than the results I get with strobe cream. I have a small container I keep near my brushes for this purpose. =)

Simply Elegant

I also agree that mixing it into your foundation will give you a glowier look. That's what I do and it lasts all day for me.

shimpaniac

kristal uhles: umm...cream...not the liquid version...its not available yet where i live
ssad.gif

hmm...thanks a lot guys...well...the foundation idea sounds great,but honestly i wore my satinfinish today...alone...and that itself was pretty shiny..and though i hate to say it,a bit mask-like(just the thought kills me as i just bought a brand new bottle)...maybe i applied too much..
th_dunno.gif

anyway...high beam and nars ill look into...
thanks once again...
cutey.gif

beauty_marked

Also maybe try applying it before you apply your foundation so that it just shines through your foundation and then you will get that wanted glow.

Sanayhs

I have to say I do love mixing in vanilla pigment with either my moisturizer or foundation (depends on whether or not I'm using foundation that day) for an all-over glow, or just using it in selected spots for highlighting. I had it mixed in to my moisturizer one day and wore it with secret blush beauty powder blush; when I was in my local MAC store, my MA commented on what a great glow I had.

amoona

Yea I mix it with my foundation it looks better that way. It's very subtle but who wants to be super strobey neway lol It's not ment to be a crazy glow. Strobe Cream will give you a stronger glow.