Hip Piercings

ShauntyXD

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
ArsenicKiss- Yes, i have been thinking about this a long time and i still have a couple of months 'til summer to think about it some more. Thanks for your concern tho.
smiles.gif

I've also found about Stainless Studios located right here in Toronto. Basically this studio is great at doing microdermals and other surface piercings and Tom Brazda (a piercer that works there) is the man who created the 90 degree angle surface bars. Therefore I'm more reassured in my decision and will most likely be getting the piercing done by him.
As for this piercing being incredible uncomfortable all my jeans are lowrise...like rly low rise LMAO so there's nothing to worry about there.

ShauntyXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
the pics on here look really cool. if you want it go for it.
how lame is it that when i saw "Hip" i was thinking of the makeup line. i'm still in makeup mode. lqtm

LOLOLOL

ShauntyXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio86
I just have to mention this....

I clicked on the link for that Kiki girl....and i was like "Whoa, I have those underwear...wait a second!" *looks down pants* I'm wearing the same undies that she has!

lol.gif

ShauntyXD

So anyway quick update: I'm defnitely gonna do the microdermals, but unfortunately 'cos microdermals are single piercings it's gonna cost approx. $400 to create the look of 4 pieces of metal protruding from my skin LOL. Whereas if i were to get the pair of surface bars to create the 4 balls it would be $200. However, i rather pay the extra $ for the way better chance of the dermals not rejecting.
greengrin.gif

You guys probably think I'm insane $400 for piercings, but if u compare it to the amount of $ spent on makeup just to collect it and never use it it's not too bad. LOL
Anyway yea, WOOOOO I'm gonna do it!!!

Nadeshda

I had never heard of those, they look cute and very sexy! But I can't help to wonder (besides the whole rubbing jeans things others have mentioned) if there's any problem if you gain or lose weight.

HOTasFCUK

Post pics after you do it! This is the first time i ever heard about this! I know people pierce every single spot on their bodies but i guess i never took the time to actually sit & think about something like this LOL! It looks kinda cool but yeah, OWWWWW!!!

ShauntyXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeshda
I had never heard of those, they look cute and very sexy! But I can't help to wonder (besides the whole rubbing jeans things others have mentioned) if there's any problem if you gain or lose weight.

Yea i was thinking about the weight issue too. When i go into the piercing shop next I'm gonna ask. But personally like it's impossible for me to put on weight in my stomach area. My thighs can/will get as big as all hell, but i can't gain any weight around my stomach. It's weird.

AND to clarify the issue with jeans rubbing, the piercings would be like an inch above the waist line of my jeans, so it's all good.
smiles.gif

Sushi.

I asked my piercer the same thing when i got mine done, and he said weight wont affect it at all.

But dont worry hun you wont regret it!!! i personally love piercings i have 4 facial piercings as well, but i would give them all up for surface piercings!! My favorite of all being my sternum (and ive had about 20 or so different piercings) If my stomach was as flat as it used to be id be getting my hips asap!

b6uav6.jpg

AmberLilith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShauntyXD
Yea i was thinking about the weight issue too. When i go into the piercing shop next I'm gonna ask.

With surface piercings in the hips/stomach/chest areas, they are more likely to reject if you lose a lot of weight quickly. Not sure about gaining weight.
Microdermals would be less likely to reject with weight loss.
(that's why i'm getting microdermals in my sternum instead of surface bars)
HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi.
... i have 4 facial piercings as well, but i would give them all up for surface piercings!!

Wow. I currently have 22 piercings (7 facial) and i'm so attached to them, i couldn't give them up, even for surface piercings, even if they were guaranteed to heal!! Just going to keep adding to my collection i think!

duckduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi.
I asked my piercer the same thing when i got mine done, and he said weight wont affect it at all.

But dont worry hun you wont regret it!!! i personally love piercings i have 4 facial piercings as well, but i would give them all up for surface piercings!! My favorite of all being my sternum (and ive had about 20 or so different piercings) If my stomach was as flat as it used to be id be getting my hips asap!

b6uav6.jpg

Oh. My. God. That is so cute!! I don't think I could get hip piercings either (again, stomach not as flat as it used to be), but a sternum piercing... I totally love it. Being in the middle of nowhere (e.g. no piercers I trust) for the next few years, I doubt I'll get it done right away, but I am definitely storing that in my head for future consideration.

Sushi.

Quote:
Oh. My. God. That is so cute!! I don't think I could get hip piercings either (again, stomach not as flat as it used to be), but a sternum piercing... I totally love it. Being in the middle of nowhere (e.g. no piercers I trust) for the next few years, I doubt I'll get it done right away, but I am definitely storing that in my head for future consideration.

Thank you very much!!!!

Quote:
Wow. I currently have 22 piercings (7 facial) and i'm so attached to them, i couldn't give them up, even for surface piercings, even if they were guaranteed to heal!! Just going to keep adding to my collection i think!

ya im attached to mine to, like i always said i would never get that many in my face, but once you get one its like apart of you and you dont want to take it out, but you want more lol, i always worry about getting to cluttered, but i cant seem to bring myself to take one out, because as of lately ive been thinking about getting a septum piercing (currently i have 2 nose rings, a vertical labret and a monroe in my face) i thought maybe i should take out the vertical labret if i get it, but i dont know if i can lol. but ya as i said i do love surface piercings more, i think their beautiful.

ShauntyXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckduck
I also definitely want to see pics - when do you plan to go in to get it done?

Getting it done around the summer time, May/ June.
WOOO and i just found my birth cerificate! Therefore i can get professional piercings now ROFL (all other ones were done in someone's basement for $25 HAHAHA). I wanna get something else pierced like right at this moment, just for finding it. hmmm)
th_DANCE.gif

AND i will definitely post some pictures when the dermals are done *runs off to ask dad if we can go get a proper camera*

Sushi- the sternum looks awesome!

:p

missdaaisy

sooo, I barely got my hips surface piercings done on 11/7/11, for me i'm not going to bullshit, they did hurt me a lot. I really don't know why? Anyone I highly recomend them, they're just soo pretty with a nice body figure. Yes, so far no rejection. Looking pretty nice and neat. JUST DO IT.

Taayloorrrr

I got my hips pierced like 2 days ago.
It really didn't hurt. It was a quick pinch. And then it was over with.
The clamps are the only thing you really feel.
The needle is extremely quick.
I have the curves barbells in mine.
I'm going to take really good care of them! Lol.

amandabummy

well the truth about your tounge it doesnt hurt... well it didnt hurt me.. the only thing that hurt was afterwards cuz thats when it started swelling up!!! an im going to get my hips done in about 9 moths cuz i will be 16 i will reply back then too

pinkfizz

I remember having my hips pierced, they were the worst I've ever had in terms of migration, and only lasted a matter of months (I think it was around 3).
The one side was ripped out on a shower scrunchie, the skin was just so thin, I should probably have taken them out sooner.
They have scarred, but that said I strangely like them, and though they seemed to be a constant pain I did love them dearly!