Hiring Blues!

breeknee

i'm not sure about this freeze or if it was lifted or much about it at all but i guess i lucked out because i got it
smiles.gif
thanks for the advice to just go for it, girls
winks.gif

weezee

It doesn't hurt to drop off a resume and take your portfolio in. If the manager really likes you, she'll keep you in mind when the freeze is lifted. Good luck!

pumpkincat210

Try anyway, in some states they have to keep your resume on file for a certain amount of time, who knows you may get a call in 6 months, but that is better than never.

nooeeyy

I WORK AT AN OFFICE TOO AND NOTHING SUCKS MORE THAN TO BE AT A JOB YOU HATE. LAST FALL I DECIDED I NEEDED TO TAKE MY LONG STANDING LOVE OF MAKE UP AND MAKE IT INTO A CAREER. SO THEN I DECIDED OK, IM GONNA GO AND TAKE SOME CLASSES. I DIDNT GET THE LOAN FOR THE SCHOOL THAT I INITIALLY WANTED TO GO TO SCHOOL TO. (THE TUITION IS AROUND $4,000 OF WHICH I DONT HAVE AND THE LOAN THAT IS AVAILABLE IS CREDIT BASED. OBVIOUSLY MY CREDIT ISNT ALL THAT GREAT JUST AT THE MOMENT). A APPLIED TO MY LOCAL MACY'S AND EXPRESSED MY INTEREST IN WORKING FOR MAC. AND I HEARD NOTHING. I THEN SPOKE TO A MAC MUA ARTIST FRIEND OF MINE AND SHE TOLD ME ABOUT THE HIRING FREEZE. ITS A LIL DISCOURAGING. BUT IM NOT DISCOURAGED. I WANT TO WORK AS A MAKE UP ARTIST SO BAD I CAN FEEL IT. I WANT THIS AND IM GONNA MAKE IT HAPPEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeknee
So i went by my local MAC counter (Gainesville, FL) in Macy's about two weeks ago, and I asked if they were currently hiring. The MUA said, "Oh, we're always hiring! Just bring in a resume and a portfolio with pictures of work you've done, just stuff on yourself or pictures of friends, just give us a good range." I think I made a little joke about college towns (meaning businesses here rarely have steady employees, people graduate or don't have time for jobs anymore with school, etc, so there are constantly jobs available) so yeah...

but now I am afraid with all of this talk about hiring freezes that I won't get a job there! It is all so horribly confusing and sad because I don't want to go back to office work. I wanted a job I could be proud of. I love love LOVE selling and I love makeup even more, it seemed so perfect.

Latest posts