HK MYSTERY POWDER same size as MAC blush!

Yushimi

Went yesterday, i swatched them all on my hand. No pink that I could see of lolz. Unless I'm blind
tong.gif

I bought both d/g. Still thinking about that darn compact lolz!! Arg, I would be so pissed off if any of those crystal fell!!
shockt.gif

jenee.sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4biddenxLustX
^^ I sure did girl!!!!!!
yahoo.gif
choochoo.gif

My dad was generous enough to drive with me out to Nordies yesterday and let me get it! I also got both dazzleglasses (I might just keep one of them though..actually I might just keep both hahaha), another l/g from the regular HK collection (it's the orange looking one), and the medium sized makeup bag!!!!!!

mac_addict.gif

And how about I'm in LOVE with Nordies now. They have MAC that actually can go on sale!!!! The MA's there told me that the HK plushdoll MAY go on sale eventually and that they actually had plenty left. If it does they'll call me!

aw ur dad is so nice! did he know he was drivin u to buy a $90 face powder? i mean...crystals? haha

lucky. u guys have CCO, and now sales at Nordies. we have nothing here in Canada. unless u got a pro card.

and nice haul!! i got the medium makeup bag too..and dazzlepuss. haha that name is so funny and weird. who thought of that name? LOL seriously...i think the ligher pink would be just clear on me. meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushimi
Went yesterday, i swatched them all on my hand. No pink that I could see of lolz. Unless I'm blind
tong.gif

I bought both d/g. Still thinking about that darn compact lolz!! Arg, I would be so pissed off if any of those crystal fell!!
shockt.gif

me too. get it. u might regret it. sell it if anything if u change ur mind!

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenee.sum
aw ur dad is so nice! did he know he was drivin u to buy a $90 face powder? i mean...crystals? haha

lucky. u guys have CCO, and now sales at Nordies. we have nothing here in Canada. unless u got a pro card.

and nice haul!! i got the medium makeup bag too..and dazzlepuss. haha that name is so funny and weird. who thought of that name? LOL seriously...i think the ligher pink would be just clear on me. meh

me too. get it. u might regret it. sell it if anything if u change ur mind!

My dad is like Mr. Frugal #1 BUT he does have his generous moments. He buys tons of knick knacks all the time. I was also lucky that this was a collection with HK (the man had gotten me hooked on HK from a very early age, and still laughs everytime I get excited over something HK) and had swarovski crystals which I had to explain to him what they were and what they were worth $$$. And on top of that this was an LE collection.

Oh he def knew that the compact was fricking $90 and the glosses were almost $30 EACH. We had it planned out for months that he'd purchase an extra one and sell it to help cover the costs plus to also rack up points on the credit card. I'm going to pay him back once I get my paycheck. But what he doesn't know yet is that I'm NOT done with this HK collection. Oh, boy theres quite a bit more stuff I want and will hunt down if necessary to get it lol.

It was funny when I was at the counter and he just wandered off and I had no clue where he went (I thought the poor man had gotten lost!) and the MA's were like he's just over there looking at shoes ROFL. And then when he comes back to the counter he's all walking around it looking at all the different things there. It was only when the MA started showing me a brush set that my dad wanted to leave cause he said I was spending too much already. Again he doesn't know this but I'm sooo getting the brush set!

LOL @ the name dazzlepuss, at least me and the dazzleglass have something in common
th_LMAO.gif
I'm about to try to make a necklace with the lil keychain.

jenee.sum

Quote:
My dad is like Mr. Frugal #1 BUT he does have his generous moments. He buys tons of knick knacks all the time. I was also lucky that this was a collection with HK (the man had gotten me hooked on HK from a very early age, and still laughs everytime I get excited over something HK) and had swarovski crystals which I had to explain to him what they were and what they were worth $$$. And on top of that this was an LE collection.

Oh he def knew that the compact was fricking $90 and the glosses were almost $30 EACH. We had it planned out for months that he'd purchase an extra one and sell it to help cover the costs plus to also rack up points on the credit card. I'm going to pay him back once I get my paycheck. But what he doesn't know yet is that I'm NOT done with this HK collection. Oh, boy theres quite a bit more stuff I want and will hunt down if necessary to get it lol.

It was funny when I was at the counter and he just wandered off and I had no clue where he went (I thought the poor man had gotten lost!) and the MA's were like he's just over there looking at shoes ROFL. And then when he comes back to the counter he's all walking around it looking at all the different things there. It was only when the MA started showing me a brush set that my dad wanted to leave cause he said I was spending too much already. Again he doesn't know this but I'm sooo getting the brush set!

LOL @ the name dazzlepuss, at least me and the dazzleglass have something in common
th_LMAO.gif
I'm about to try to make a necklace with the lil keychain.

aww ur dad sounds so cool and funnie! what a nice dad! i get yelled at for all the makeup i have in my room. mind u i pretty much have all my HK stuff hidden. LOL

i think we have a problem...with spending too much money on MAC
wacko.gif

i have 3 of the brush sets. LOL the brushes pretty much suck compared to the full size ones, but the holder is superrrrrrr cute!!!! get it b4 it sells out. im surprised ur Nordies still have em in stock. my mac location sold out on the first day...got a bit of stock 2 days after on the day i went in to get mine, and then sold out in like a another day or two.

have u tried the myster powder? i haven't yet. been dressing and feeling like a bum lately. haha maybe when i do my makeup on saturday i'll use it.

EDIT: oOoo making it into a keychain. good idea!! but it'll get scratched like CRAZZZY!!

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
aww ur dad sounds so cool and funnie! what a nice dad! i get yelled at for all the makeup i have in my room. mind u i pretty much have all my HK stuff hidden. LOL

i think we have a problem...with spending too much money on MAC
wacko.gif

i have 3 of the brush sets. LOL the brushes pretty much suck compared to the full size ones, but the holder is superrrrrrr cute!!!! get it b4 it sells out. im surprised ur Nordies still have em in stock. my mac location sold out on the first day...got a bit of stock 2 days after on the day i went in to get mine, and then sold out in like a another day or two.

have u tried the myster powder? i haven't yet. been dressing and feeling like a bum lately. haha maybe when i do my makeup on saturday i'll use it.

EDIT: oOoo making it into a keychain. good idea!! but it'll get scratched like CRAZZZY!!

Lol my dad's just interesting to sum it up...Sometimes I think that he's a metrosexual guy deep down inside. Cause he LOVES shoes probably more than me. Every time we go shopping and if were not in a hurry he looks at shoes. He even went out to Macy's one time and knew that I wanted something from Ecko Red that was on sale and picked out this super cute jumpsuit skirt outfit and it was only $20! He's as bargain hunter too haha. It wouldn't be a hard guess to guess what we do on our quality time together - shop. It's fun but it has huge downfalls like huge spending.

Oh he bitches at me too a lot cause he thinks I have too much makeup alreay which I don't believe I do. Wait til he sees some other people's stashes. Yeah he'll be in for a big surprise lol. I've too had to hid all my HK goodies that I bought on the other numerous trips to the counter from him! I don't think the poor man's sanity could take any of it lol.

The HK brush set is actually sold out here =[ Thank goodness for ebay! I thought it was cute but decided not to get it cause it wasn't easily accessible to me plus I'm not a big fan of SE brushes. But ugh it's so cute. I think only Nordies here got it while the other counters didn't get it. I was surprised too that they still had quite a decent bit of HK items left. But the economy here has been hit quite hard and the new Nordstroms here is the only one in this city. Before that Macy's was the only place for MAC and that was only at select Macy store locations too. I live 20 min away from one!

The brush set that I was actually shown to me at Nordies was a FULL SIZED, yep I said full sized brush set. I don't know the name of the set but it was a Nordies exclusive though. They just had one left whic was the display one and they couldn't sell it to me when I was in the store cause they had no tag for it. But 5 minutes later they call me back to tell me they found a tag and that it's up for sale, I had it put on hold for me. I tell this today to the MA at the Macy's counter (yes I went to MAC again, I have issues!) about the brush set. Another MA who walked into the middle of the convo said that when she had asked about it she was told it was on hold.....and I told her that it was me who had it put on hold lol!

No I have tried the sheer mystery powder yet...to be honest I'm kind of afraid to. I haven't used ANY of my HK goodies yet. I just keep admiring them and don't want to "ruin" them lol. I am in love with the compact though as I expected I was going to be.

I thought about using as a keychain or a cell phone charm but yep that would get all scratched up and just hell naw. I thought it would be safer on my neck
yes.gif

jenee.sum

FULL SIZE HK BRUSH SET?! WHATTT?!?! did it come with more brushes too?

necklace, hmm..nickel free? me gots an allergy. i've used all my HK goodies, cept for the bracelet. im gunna be so sad when something runs out. lol like my tippy or too dolly. or pink fish
weeping.gif

X4biddenxLustX

It's actually not a HK brush set, sorry if I confused ya! But that would be so kick ass if it was. But I found out the name of the set and it's called the Perfect Style brush set that came out in October 2008 (I had no clue about it til I had seen it at Nordies). Heres a link: http://www.specktra.net/forum/f250/m...s-excl-117039/

The baby cost me a little under $100 for 4 FULL SIZED brushes and the travel case! I can't wait til it comes in the mail! I hope the MA at Nordies got all my info right and I'll get it in a few days.

Hmm as for nickel Idk if the HK dazzleglass keychain thingies have it in them. If they don't, then you could just use a nickel free chain for it around your neck. I have allergies too but it's only when it goes directly through my skin like with earrings and bellyrings and my body will start rejecting it...not fun! You COULD possibly try painting a clear coat of nail polish over the keychain too but yeah I'm not sure if I'd be willing to do that lol. My friend who also has nickel allergies does that for her belt buckles and jewelry and it works okay for her.

Ugh, I'm still not done with Hk! I still want the vanity case, plush doll (which the MA's said they might go on sale), purse mirror, and mirror keychain.

I haven't touched my goodies yet! I've only opened them up to look at the different colors but haven't actually used them. I'm scared too lol! Omg, I'm scared that I'll run out too!

jenee.sum

wow that brush set is so awesome! lucky for you!

urgh the clear nail polish has neverrrr worked for me! once i got a really bad rash around my belly button from a stupid belt i had. that was before HM carried nickel free jewelry/hardware. now i just buy all my nickel free stuff from there.

isn't the HK traincase sold out online? it's an online exclusive, last time i checked it was sold out. i love the purse mirror. didn't bother getting the keychain cuz it'll just get sooo scratched up that i'll weep
weeping.gif
i was actually disappointed with the plush. i've seen muchhh cuter HK plushes!! that was probably the only item i didn't want prior to the launch and still didn't want after i saw it in person LOL but some ppl love it

oh use ur HK stuff already! it's gunna expire!! LOL

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
wow that brush set is so awesome! lucky for you!

urgh the clear nail polish has neverrrr worked for me! once i got a really bad rash around my belly button from a stupid belt i had. that was before HM carried nickel free jewelry/hardware. now i just buy all my nickel free stuff from there.

isn't the HK traincase sold out online? it's an online exclusive, last time i checked it was sold out. i love the purse mirror. didn't bother getting the keychain cuz it'll just get sooo scratched up that i'll weep
weeping.gif
i was actually disappointed with the plush. i've seen muchhh cuter HK plushes!! that was probably the only item i didn't want prior to the launch and still didn't want after i saw it in person LOL but some ppl love it

oh use ur HK stuff already! it's gunna expire!! LOL

I seriously could not believe that Nordies had sales on certain MAC items like if they weren't selling that well, the brush set was originally $125 but it got knocked down to $93. Crazy people, do they not realize that that is a FREAKING AMAZING deal? Guess not! Which is a good thing for me lol.

Yeah just buying nickel free is probably the best way to go. Hypoallergenic everything is getting more and more popular these days. I need my ears repierced I think I'm just going to stick to gold and hope for the best.

I think all of the hk accessories are sold out online. But my ass IS desperate enough to pay some jacked up prices on ebay if there is no other possible way of getting it through MAC. Just not right now though cause I went too spend happy and yeah I owe close to $600 yeah not good.
ssad.gif
The keychain mirror would serve no "mirror" function really, I just think it's cute. I probably wouldn't even use it cause yep I'm afraid it'll get all scratched up if I did. The plastic sticker on the mirror is staying on too. I would only get the plush if it went on sale for a super good price. Cause really what am I going to do with it? It's just gonna sit there and collect dust.

LOL I've been trying to get myself to use the makeup but stop before I do everytime. At least it'll still look pretty when it expires haha! I serioiusly have dreams about the hk collection and me putting all the makeup on just wow lol.

Btw, my dad found my "stash". He didn't say anything to me about it but he did complain to my mom who forwarded his complaint to me. According to him I have an astronomical amount of makeup. Eh, not true but whatever you say pops haha.

jenee.sum

LOOOOL i'm in noooo position to lecture you on your HK/MAC spendings since i freaking spent 5 arms and 5 legs on it too
sneaky.gif
and i too have too much maybe, but not as much as lot of ppl here on specktra, so let's not feel too toooo bad. hehe the sucky thing is, when you look at a relatively small/medium makeup stash, it may not look that grande, but shit if you only know how much the whole stash cost. LOL may not look like a lot, but the dollars alone will make you go, "that is too much makeup"

i already have slight scratches on my mirror. but meh, i have a backup...or 2. haha...pretend i didn't say that out loud.

if your dad complains to you about ur makeup, just tell him he has too much shoes
tong.gif

i will use my mystery powder this weekend, and let you know how it goes...if i remember to use it that is.

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
LOOOOL i'm in noooo position to lecture you on your HK/MAC spendings since i freaking spent 5 arms and 5 legs on it too
sneaky.gif
and i too have too much maybe, but not as much as lot of ppl here on specktra, so let's not feel too toooo bad. hehe the sucky thing is, when you look at a relatively small/medium makeup stash, it may not look that grande, but shit if you only know how much the whole stash cost. LOL may not look like a lot, but the dollars alone will make you go, "that is too much makeup"

i already have slight scratches on my mirror. but meh, i have a backup...or 2. haha...pretend i didn't say that out loud.

if your dad complains to you about ur makeup, just tell him he has too much shoes
tong.gif

i will use my mystery powder this weekend, and let you know how it goes...if i remember to use it that is.

Seriously, for the longest time the only thing I invested money in was MAC. I've only started to just buy clothes again cause Victoria Secret is having a special going on but if they didn't they better get the fuck outta here with those prices lol! I can't afford 2 expensive habits now. I guess it was okay before with my MAC spending cause it was reasonable up until February and the only thing I really spent money on.

I know! I don't even want to add up how much I've spent total on MAC so far. Just asking for a heart attack right there lol! I had a friend ask me one time about how many MAC e/s I have and how much an individual e/s cost including tax. She all calculated how much my e/s collection was worth and was just like , "Did you know that you spent several hundred dollars so far on just e/s?" and I'm like uhh yes but I'd like to not think about that lol.

Haha theres no shame in having back ups! I'm weird and OCD and just had to get at least 2 of most things. Like I HAD to get another BP in Pretty baby this time (I had first bought Tahitian Sand). I'm super afraid of messing the packaging up and if anything does happen I guess I'll have a backup ready.

LOL, it's actually funny cause just today my dad bought another pair of shoes. He all bugged my mom about it too. This maybe TMI but were such bargain hunters that I'm about to ask him to just walk into Victoria Secret with me cause I have another one of those free panty coupons and I want to get another pair of panties, hey there free! He doesn't even have to hold anything, I'll just do all the talking with the SA's lol.

Do let me know about the powder. Mines is staying a virgin for quite a long time cause yet again I'm afraid of using it.

geeko

I am a NC20, and they were OOS of the 2 lighter shades when i went down to the store.

I had no choice but to buy the darkest shade.

When i reached home last night, I immediately took out the mystery powder from the compact and replaced it with my MAC pan blush in Melba. I put the dark secret mystery powder into my blush palette.

I prefer the casing with a nice peachy/pink blush in it instead of a mystery powder. I think i'm crazy...

jenee.sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
The packaging is sooooooo beautiful. *drools*

get it! it's gorgeous!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Do let me know about the powder. Mines is staying a virgin for quite a long time cause yet again I'm afraid of using it.

hmm...it goes on pretty darn clear. feels like silk, but i don't SEE it making my makeup better or looking any better.

whatever, i got it for the case, so im not heart broken about the powder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeko
I am a NC20, and they were OOS of the 2 lighter shades when i went down to the store.

I had no choice but to buy the darkest shade.

When i reached home last night, I immediately took out the mystery powder from the compact and replaced it with my MAC pan blush in Melba. I put the dark secret mystery powder into my blush palette.

I prefer the casing with a nice peachy/pink blush in it instead of a mystery powder. I think i'm crazy...

i'm an NC25 now, and the medium goes on translucent. so i'm assuming the dark one isn't gunna make you look dark, at all. a bronzer will make you look darker, but that's not even a bronzer. so ya.

i wish i could put tippy into it!! but then i would have to de-pot it, which isn't worth ruining the packaging for.
ssad.gif
blow powder would be the BEST product to put in there. too bad it doesn't fit. SIGH.

X4biddenxLustX

Really? So all the mystery powders from all the previous couture collections are a freaking rip off?!! But yeah I got it just for the compact too so it's not loss for me either lol. I'm thinking about selling it and the refill pan cause I have no use for anymore face powders. I just bough SF and Blot powdered pressed last week.