Holiday Hair Helppp!!

SlimSugar

Hello ladies... (WOC) I have a question. I have short kinda layered hair. Its just growing back from a short hair cut (think Toni Braxton when she first came out). Its not quite shoulder length, but past my ears, kind of a cute lil bob.

I'm going to a Christmas party on 12/12 and I dont know what to do to my hair. My hair dresser does basic hair styles you know the wash and set and/or curl so I wanna go to her with a style and let her copy it. I could go and get a flat iron from Sally's and try a lil funky bob but I dont know.

I'm wearing a black halter dress with silver glitters embedded in the sheer part of the dress which is under the breast line all the way down. The dress is not a mini but isnt to the knee (somewhat mid thigh area).

I am gonna attempt to wear the metal X virgin silver for make up and perhaps a nude lips color so I wont be so bright.

Does anyone have any hair suggestions?? I included some pics to show my hair length. Doesnt look like it but it can actually go into a low ponytail or banana clip but thats the basic work look along with these pics below.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...g?t=1196762609 http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...g?t=1196762641

d n d

Your hair looks nice in your picture! I know the simple wrap type hair style does get a little boring...especially for special events. Have you thought of wearing your hair flipped outward instead of under? The flip IMO will never go out of style, not to mention you can add a little pizazz by adding a cute barette or headband.
Your hair even looks like you may be able to get a wet set. I am sure it would look really cute with a lot of curls all over!

Best of luck!
shrugs.gif

SlimSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by d n d
Have you thought of wearing your hair flipped outward instead of under? The flip IMO will never go out of style, not to mention you can add a little pizazz by adding a cute barette or headband.

Thanks. I was thinking about doing the flip!

FemmeBella86

OMG I love your haircut! It fits u perfectly! how about some loose curls? what i tend to do is curl my with a 1 inch curling iron & separate the curls to make it looser and more natural looking. It's a nice change from keeping it straight all the time =]

L281173

I know what its like to be in the in-between phase of growing out a short cut. I would recommend a straw set.

Caramel_QT

I def. agree with the above posts. I think there is nothing sexier and more glam than curly, bouncy hair. Good luck. Your dress sounds beautiful, btw!

SlimSugar

I got electra e/s instead. I tried the Metal X in Virgin Silver but it didnt go on as smooth as I thought, and it looked way to whitish for me. So then I tried the Cyber which is a little greyer and it just didnt work for me. THHEN came Electra which I love my e/s worked like a charm. Went on smooth nicely blended with a lil Carbon the a smokey eye with a wing with some f/l... Ooo it was pretty. My girl Sharon hooked me up at the counter. The party is tomorrow so I am hopin to recreate that look. Will post pics!!!

Caramel_QT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSugar
I got electra e/s instead. I tried the Metal X in Virgin Silver but it didnt go on as smooth as I thought, and it looked way to whitish for me. So then I tried the Cyber which is a little greyer and it just didnt work for me. THHEN came Electra which I love my e/s worked like a charm. Went on smooth nicely blended with a lil Carbon the a smokey eye with a wing with some f/l... Ooo it was pretty. My girl Sharon hooked me up at the counter. The party is tomorrow so I am hopin to recreate that look. Will post pics!!!

I'm sure you'll be gorgeous!

lsperry

Quote:
You don't have permission to access /servlet/Images/photos4264/1/56/67/61/96/8/896616756111_0_BG.jpg on this server

Darn! I got this message when I clicked on both links! Is it my computer?:confused:

Please help! I want to see!