Holiday Horror Stories Therapy Thread

MAC_Whore

Ahhhh....it's that time of year. We meet the chill in the air with the warmth of family gatherings.

The snow begins to fall, houses become decorated in the trimmings of the season and lastly the shoppers descend upon the malls for gifts to shower upon their loved ones and that's where it gets starts gettin' UGLY y'all.

I thought since counters would only get busier from this point on (can you believe the holiday rush is so close already?), it might be a good time to start a thread where all you lady and gent MAs could come download your holiday horror stories, get a little venting in and support each other with some therapeutic words.
winks.gif

Have at it....

GreekChick

*Nutcracker and Antiquitease music playing in the backround*
Why we're playing Tchaikovsky and Transylvanian Orchestra in the middle of October is beyond me.

(Over the Phone)
Me: MAC Counter, Anna speaking, how may I help you?
Customer: Hi, I'd like to close an appointment to get my makeup done on December 23rd please?
Me: December 23rd, December 23rd...We haven't gotten the December schedule yet, it is best to call back mid-November.
Customer: That's what I did last time, but it was all already booked!
Can you please put my name down....

*Other line rings*

Me: Miss, I'll put your name down, I have another line, this will just take two seconds...
*A minute passes, I come back*
Me: Yes, thank you for your patience, so for what time should I put your name down?
Customer: Excuse me?? Were you listening to me right now, or were you singing?
Me: Singing? No, miss you were on call waiting..
Customer: Call waiting?
Me: Yes, .....on hold? They usually play music on hold....
Customer: Can I speak to someone else please?

Worst part is, I knew who she was. She is a regular at our counter, who came and got her makeup done last New Year's Eve at 5 pm, the time stores close. She wanted the fake lashes, the smoky eyes, the entire kit.

calbear

My best one yet so far is the customer who was looking at the holiday display unit while I help another customer. I hear a thumping sound and I turn to see her banging the unit on the counter and then take her keys out to try and pry the softsparkle pencil out of the case. I run over and say that they are all glued in and she just gives me the blank stare.

amoona

Yesterday I had an employee from the store I work in give me a world of crap. She had preordered a warm eyes holiday set. So we rang her up and called her in her department and said she can pick it up whenever she wants. She comes over and sees that the Bloomingdales CRL sticker is on the box (duh we rang it up). Then she swears up and down it was a return. I tried to explain to her that #1 these just came out and#2 we don't resell returned items. Then she opens it and sees a knick in one of the shadows and tells me I'm lieing and someone tested it. I told her that nobody tested it, eyeshadows are made by machines and they can't always be 100% perfect. She wants to return it and gets pissed when I tell her she can but it's the last one left so we can't give her another. Then she turns to my coworker who has no idea what's going on and tells her "This is used, look at it!"

We sent her on her merry way and then me and my coworker realized we had more warm eye sets in the stock room but no way are we telling that crazy bitch haha.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
Yesterday I had an employee from the store I work in give me a world of crap. She had preordered a warm eyes holiday set. So we rang her up and called her in her department and said she can pick it up whenever she wants. She comes over and sees that the Bloomingdales CRL sticker is on the box (duh we rang it up). Then she swears up and down it was a return. I tried to explain to her that #1 these just came out and#2 we don't resell returned items. Then she opens it and sees a knick in one of the shadows and tells me I'm lieing and someone tested it. I told her that nobody tested it, eyeshadows are made by machines and they can't always be 100% perfect. She wants to return it and gets pissed when I tell her she can but it's the last one left so we can't give her another. Then she turns to my coworker who has no idea what's going on and tells her "This is used, look at it!"

We sent her on her merry way and then me and my coworker realized we had more warm eye sets in the stock room but no way are we telling that crazy bitch haha.

Replace 'Bloomingdales' with 'Myer' and we had exactly the same scenario! Same complaints, same appeal to a co-worker... batshittery is completely international at this time of year.

On the plus side, no Christmas music yet.

miss_emc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Replace 'Bloomingdales' with 'Myer' and we had exactly the same scenario! Same complaints, same appeal to a co-worker... batshittery is completely international at this time of year.

On the plus side, no Christmas music yet.

Are you working for MAC now Lara!?

MAC_Whore

Bad News: November is here. The crazies come out en masse at the end of this month. Brace yourselves!

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Bad News: November is here. The crazies come out en masse at the end of this month. Brace yourselves!

They are already here. My co-worker and I were convinced it was a full moon yesterday. Ever had someone tell you they used to live in a mental hospital-but that they are not crazy? Yes, it was just like the Suicidal Tendencies song. (remember that one?) "Uhm, can we talk about makeup now?"

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_emc
Are you working for MAC now Lara!?

Nope, casually working for the competition.
greengrin.gif

Same customer drama, different logo on the receipt.

diorgrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
*Nutcracker and Antiquitease music playing in the backround*
Why we're playing Tchaikovsky and Transylvanian Orchestra in the middle of October is beyond me.

(Over the Phone)
Me: MAC Counter, Anna speaking, how may I help you?
Customer: Hi, I'd like to close an appointment to get my makeup done on December 23rd please?
Me: December 23rd, December 23rd...We haven't gotten the December schedule yet, it is best to call back mid-November.
Customer: That's what I did last time, but it was all already booked!
Can you please put my name down....

*Other line rings*

Me: Miss, I'll put your name down, I have another line, this will just take two seconds...
*A minute passes, I come back*
Me: Yes, thank you for your patience, so for what time should I put your name down?
Customer: Excuse me?? Were you listening to me right now, or were you singing?
Me: Singing? No, miss you were on call waiting..
Customer: Call waiting?
Me: Yes, .....on hold? They usually play music on hold....
Customer: Can I speak to someone else please?

Worst part is, I knew who she was. She is a regular at our counter, who came and got her makeup done last New Year's Eve at 5 pm, the time stores close. She wanted the fake lashes, the smoky eyes, the entire kit.

LOL OMG that is hillarious!!! I hope I don't get anyone like that..I'm scared!

diorgrl

OMG NOV 1ST.....the crazies are ALREADY HERE!!! It's Canada so it already feels like Winter.. This past weekend was crazy....and the the mall parking lot was rammed!

Katura

Oh, come oon!!!

No one but mee has black friday horror stories?!?!?!

....*waits for stories*

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katura
Oh, come oon!!!

No one but mee has black friday horror stories?!?!?!

....*waits for stories*

Seriously! Or wait.....the shoppers didn't kill you all, did they?

Helllllloooo......are you still out there? *crosses fingers*

Bernadette

Well I had to be at work at 5:45am on Black Friday and I was sick, baddddd combo. The customers ran through the Macy's doors like a bunch of weirdos at 6:00am. For the most part the customers at the counter were all right except for asking if every little thing was on sale over and over again. There were some cutomers that were rude to each other as far as bumping and being impatient. Oh and the lovely lady that was talking my ear off about nothing while five other people waited on me for help and then asked me to do an eye chart and I had to tell her I couldn't, duh( I ended up doing it in my down time and having her come back for it.)
But here is the one thing from the day that made me want to beat the hell out of someone. There is a Wal Mart in our mall on the complete opposide side of it. So I'm coming back from break and this lady pushing around a Wal Mart cart in our Macy's almost runs into me with the thing because she wasn't paying attention. So I had to grab her cart in order to stop it form hitting me and my instinct was to go "Woah!" and this stupid bitch had the nerve to yell "Excuse you!" as I was walking away. She is so lucky I worked there because I would have had a lot to say to her. Grrrr some people are just amazing
angry.gif

Bernadette

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyesdancing
Wait.......there is a WALMART in your mall???????

There's a few malls in San Diego with Wal Marts and soem with Targets.