Holiday in Thailand haul

ms_bloom

The Siam Paragon ... sigh. A whole floor of cosmetic counters, and perhaps it was best that my boyfriend was with me and I felt pressured for time, I would have absolutely gone overboard if I'd had all day. I got:

MAC MSF (in Medium Plus - they had all the shades here, including Medium - did we figure out if it was discontinued? - apparently Medium Plus is a bit darker than Medium)
MAC #194, #219, and #231 brushes
Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation
Bobbi Brown Rose Sugar Lip Gloss
Stila Sheer Color SPF15
Stila Illuminating Concealer
NARS Desire blush

Also at airport duty free on the way home:
MAC Plum Foolery blush
Bobbi Brown Espresso Gel Liner

I also got some work clothes custom made (2 x jackets, skirts, pants, blouses), a pair of jeans, two dresses, and three pairs of shoes. I honestly thought I would buy more, but haggling at markets doesn't seem to be my thing.

Back at work tomorrow, having landed back late Tuesday night, and am dreading it.

newagetomatoz

Fabulous haul!! And I'm so envious that you went to Thailand!!! I love multi-category hauls!! Enjoy!!
th_thstars.gif

ms_bloom

Thanks everyone! Thailand was fabulous - I'm still a bit depressed that I'm back to real life. Loving the makeup although I'm wishing that I'd bought more, especially upon getting back to Australia and our horrid retail prices. And waiting for an opportunity to wear the gorgeous dress that I bought for sooo cheap.

Brie

You are getting me so excited about my trip there in August!!!
The prices here are ridiculous aren't they?!?

Could you possibly tell me an estimate of prices for Mac stuff. I'm having trouble trying to figure out how much spending money i'l need. Also with the getting clothes copied/made.

Thank you in advance
smiles.gif

ms_bloom

It's not even the makeup or custom-made clothing that is that cheap! It is the clothes in the markets (check out MBK if you're going to Bangkok, it is hundreds of markets inside a huge building, I much preferred it to outside markets, as quirky as they were) and the FOOD ... omg. And the public transport! We get majorly ripped off here in Australia with our crappy bus and train services that cost way too much money. And they want more people to use public transport.

I'm not too sure about custom-made clothing prices, as I bought from the second place I went to and didn't ask about prices at the first place. They were all, "no bargaining," but I guess I could've gotten it cheaper had we had time to play the haggling game. But I do now have two gorgeous suits (jackets, pants, skirts) made of a lightweight cashmere wool and two Thai silk blouses which cost 14,500 baht (about $500AUD). I also took over some things to get copied and the tailors couldn't do it - I wanted a dress copied and a dress made from a picture, but they didn't stock the right (stretch) fabric, plus they didn't have the time as I was only in Bangkok for a couple of days. We found a dressmaker the last night we were there that probably could have made it though. Oh well.

I don't have my receipt from the Siam Paragon as the VAT refund people kept it. I have a few prices that were on the labels, though:
#194 brush - 1,050 baht (about $36AUD)
#231 brush - 900 baht (about $31AUD)
MSF - 1,250 baht (about $43AUD)
+ 5% tourist discount (just ask at the cashier) and a VAT refund (7%)

And duty free from the airport:
Blush - 780 baht (about $27AUD)

HTH and have fun!!!

candidilyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_bloom
The Siam Paragon ... sigh. A whole floor of cosmetic counters, and perhaps it was best that my boyfriend was with me and I felt pressured for time, I would have absolutely gone overboard if I'd had all day. I got:

MAC MSF (in Medium Plus - they had all the shades here, including Medium - did we figure out if it was discontinued? - apparently Medium Plus is a bit darker than Medium)
MAC #194, #219, and #231 brushes
Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation
Bobbi Brown Rose Sugar Lip Gloss
Stila Sheer Color SPF15
Stila Illuminating Concealer
NARS Desire blush

Also at airport duty free on the way home:
MAC Plum Foolery blush
Bobbi Brown Espresso Gel Liner

I also got some work clothes custom made (2 x jackets, skirts, pants, blouses), a pair of jeans, two dresses, and three pairs of shoes. I honestly thought I would buy more, but haggling at markets doesn't seem to be my thing.

Back at work tomorrow, having landed back late Tuesday night, and am dreading it.

msf medium is perm

ms_bloom

Thanks Candidilyme! I picked up a bit of tan while I was there and would probably be a Medium otherwise.