Hot Pink Eyeshadow

kleigh09

A forum search didn't yield much, so I'm wondering what hot pink or Barbie pink eyeshadow you would recommend. I'm NC15 with green eyes, going for a bright look.

YouTube tutorials tend to use pigments (usually non-MAC) or loose shadows. I'm not opposed to a new brand, just a bit uncertain. I was hoping to find a MAC pressed shadow. Sushi Flower maybe?

Thanks!
smiles.gif

Mabelle

sushi flower is more muted than that. Also, i find it extremly chalky with horrible colour payoff. If you can find romping or passionate go for those (romping is in a HK palette)

Others to check out are fuschia pigment. Vivid Pink pigment (bright cotton candy pink, i think it was LE or is DC)

Look into Make Up forever. They have AMAZING brights. I know for a fact they have a fabulous hot hot pink

Mabelle

MUFE doesnt really do LE.
I'm 100% positive theres a hot pink. I see it eveyr time i go into sephora.
There's also a star powder by mufe #951

Cinci

For a Barbie pink (Think similar to the barbie corvette, lol) I like MAC - Living Pink (Not to be confused with In Living Pink) I posted a swatch in the swatch forum a few months back:
http://www.specktra.net/forum/f217/n...ml#post1240112 (sorry about the poor quality pic, I should retake the pics one of these days)

I think it's discontinued, but im sure you could find one on here somewhere!

If you are looking for something more of a Cherry/Hot Pink, I agree with the MUFE Sar Powder #951 - check out these swatches I did, comparing it to Ben Nye and MAC Passionate e/s http://www.specktra.net/forum/f217/p...atches-110622/

kleigh09

I'm definitely going to look into "Living Pink" because I prefer pressed shadows; although, the MUFE color is gorg.

LatinaRose

Its definitely #75, Sephora might not carry it. You could order it from the boutique in NY.

ETA: I think MAC Pro has a neon pink pigment yes? I can't remember.

Nicala

hot topic sells a true hot pink for $6. its slightly chalky but it goes on well with a good base.

GirlyDork

Try getting your hands on MAC's Post Haste e/s. It's a bright berry pink shade, and it's completely matte. It's one of my favorite eye shadows. I'm probably around NW25, and I have blue eyes and brown hair. It's a bit deeper than the usual "hot pink", but I think it may look good on your coloring.

If you're going for neon pink, try MUFE Star Powder in #951. BEWARE OF SKIN/BRUSH STAINING! (I have it, and it stains like crazy. It's ALMOST worth it, though.)

HTH!

lara

MAC really doesn't do true bright pinks in the pressed line; the closest is Passionate which is a pink-berry matte.

I suggest Too Faced eyeshadow in Mess In A Dress, a really loud bright pink that applies smoothly and without being a glitterbomb.

yupitzTara

Passionate is a nice bright pink. And sushi flower is nice when paired with Da Bling or Swish (swish is my fav!)

hope that helped.

TwiggyPop

I agree that MUFE has an awesome bright pink shadow. I can't remember the number offhand, but its definitly there. Just go and check it out, at least then you can test it out.
smiles.gif

If you want a pressed powder by MAC I'd suggest passionate or post haste, but I really like the fuschia pigment.

FiestyFemme

For bright pinks, I'd recommend MUFE #75 or Ben Nye Azalea.
I love the colors, both are so gorgeous!
They're very bright though... I haven't had the courage to wear them out yet!