Hourglass Cosmetics

Knope2012

Hmmmm I tried the primer yesterday and fell in love, so I'm thinking of picking up that and the palette soon. The primer did a great job on my pores, so I want to see what the powders can do.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hmmmm I tried the primer yesterday and fell in love, so I'm thinking of picking up that and the palette soon. The primer did a great job on my pores, so I want to see what the powders can do.
The primer is really nice and since you get a free one with the palette, it's a win all-around. The powders have become an almost daily staple for me now. I use all three of the ones I have very often. In the Spring and Summer, I was favouring Diffused, but now I seem to be leaning towards Dim more often.

Knope2012

I don't think they'd do that, since they still want to focus on VIBs (and on moving them up to the new "Rouge" level). I'm actually not that far from qualifying for Rouge... I figure I'll get there by the end of the year, since I'm planning on getting a couple of people gifts from there.

The primer is really nice and since you get a free one with the palette, it's a win all-around. The powders have become an almost daily staple for me now. I use all three of the ones I have very often. In the Spring and Summer, I was favouring Diffused, but now I seem to be leaning towards Dim more often.
Sold! That makes it an even better value. I know they're not nearly as big as the separate powders, but I like it this way so I can try it out and decide on my favorites. I don't even know why I care about reaching Rouge (besides the free shipping, which might make me order as much as I do from Amazon), but I'd say I'll make it there by January or so. If Sephora would get more of the items from new collections, I'd shop with them exclusively.

PixieDancer

I don't think they'd do that, since they still want to focus on VIBs (and on moving them up to the new "Rouge" level). I'm actually not that far from qualifying for Rouge... I figure I'll get there by the end of the year, since I'm planning on getting a couple of people gifts from there.

I absolutely LOVE Dim! I use it ALL THE TIME! It's even perfect as an all-over powder for my skintone. I'm super excited to pick up this palette! Hopefully it will last until the VIB sale! I'd love to get that extra 20% off!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I cannot tell a lie. I was at the Sephora near my work at lunch. I bought Luminous Light. So now I have four of the six powders.
wondering.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Review of the Ambient Lighting Palette from Perilously Pale:

http://www.perilouslypale.com/2013/10/hourglass-ambient-lighting-palette-set-photos-swatches-review.html

TheLadyDanger

I saw this palette off Karen's blog (MakeupBeautyBlog) and I am SO tempted to stop by Sephora during my lunch break. I've been looking at the powders for a while now, but never had the guts to by it due to the price. This palette seems like a good buy since I'm getting three different powders to try out before committing to the full sized ones.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I saw this palette off Karen's blog (MakeupBeautyBlog) and I am SO tempted to stop by Sephora during my lunch break. I've been looking at the powders for a while now, but never had the guts to by it due to the price. This palette seems like a good buy since I'm getting three different powders to try out before committing to the full sized ones.
I think that if you haven't tried these powders yet, the palette is pretty well a must-have. You get three of them (yes, they're smaller, but it's still a decent amount of product) so you can play around with different effects.

RockDiva

I have no choice but to get the palette. I have Luminous Light (which I love!) and was thinking about buying another, possibly Dim, and I love the look of Incandescent, so this palette is right up my street. I can find a use for Radiant Light, I'm sure. I also have the Mineral Veil primer and I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admmgz
I love Incandescent- it's beautiful but definitely has shimmer.

How does Incandescent compare to Luminous (in terms of shimmer content)?

Richelle83

Completely forgot to post this here!

Got the palette, od'd on the primer but man does it work. My skin looked amazing and luckily I'm not in the primer breaks me out club.

Incandescent is super pretty, a bit sparkly but a very nice highlighter.

Radiant is so wonderful for my skintone. Also used it as a highlighter since it is sparkly as well. Perfect bronzey glowy highlight.

Haven't used Dim yet, will do that on Monday. Also eventually try the other two all over and see what kind of effect that gives me.

DeeDee2013

Richelle, I purposely went to Sephora to pick this up but they said it had not been sent to their store yet. So happy to read your review because I was still on the fence.....

josephine90

Completely forgot to post this here!  Got the palette, od'd on the primer but man does it work. My skin looked amazing and luckily I'm not in the primer breaks me out club.  Incandescent is super pretty, a bit sparkly but a very nice highlighter.  Radiant is so wonderful for my skintone. Also used it as a highlighter since it is sparkly as well. Perfect bronzey glowy highlight. Haven't used Dim yet, will do that on Monday. Also eventually try the other two all over and see what kind of effect that gives me. 
Glad you like it! I ll probably give in and place an order soon. Im still hesitating on radiant though, would it be too dark on me?

lyseD

I think that if you haven't tried these powders yet, the palette is pretty well a must-have. You get three of them (yes, they're smaller, but it's still a decent amount of product) so you can play around with different effects.
I agree. I had been holding off on getting a powder and snapped up the palette right away. I love it and the three shades are perfect.

Also, I didn't get the special brush -- I don't think you need it, I've tried a couple of brushes and they work fine.

MissTT

Can anyone recommend a good site that reviews each Ambient powder and it's best use or can someone here summarize them? I was talking to a cast member about them today and she said she just really had no idea how to use them so never recommends them. I tried them on a person once and they didn't really show up or do anything special so of course I didn't worry about selling them again. (I value my credibility too much.) Sometimes I wish I had more time to play in products. I'm always too busy.

Richelle83

Can anyone recommend a good site that reviews each Ambient powder and it's best use or can someone here summarize them? I was talking to a cast member about them today and she said she just really had no idea how to use them so never recommends them. I tried them on a person once and they didn't really show up or do anything special so of course I didn't worry about selling them again. (I value my credibility too much.) Sometimes I wish I had more time to play in products. I'm always too busy.
http://www.dustinhunter.com/2013/05/21/hourglass-ambient-lighting-powders-personal-recommendations/ and there is the video link within the post. HTH

Richelle83

Glad you like it! I ll probably give in and place an order soon. Im still hesitating on radiant though, would it be too dark on me?
Hmm, I bet you could definitely use it in the summer for that sunkissed glow. The other two are more of a year round type of powder.

PixieDancer

This video helped me the most in deciding which shades to go with... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtsfnGUGba4

Sell them with confidence doll... They are soooo awesome! Good Luck! BTW... as a consumer, I appreciate that someone wants to thoroughly educate themselves on products before recommending them! Kuddos to you! You have some blessed and lucky customers!