How about a Beauty of Porcelan section?

redambition

yes please. ~NC15 here... although i seem to have darkened a little in the summer sun.

it's so hard to find good foundation matches, and some colours/looks just don't work. a new forum would be great.

claresauntie

I sent this thread to the webmaster. It can't hurt, right?
cutey.gif

user79

I like this idea too! I made a joke in the Color of Beauty forum when it was created, about making a Non-Color Beauty forum, haha. I actually think it would be helpful too, MAC NC15 is just too yellow on me! None of the MAC shades suit me at all.

I've found a good match with Bare Escentuals mineral foundation though.
winks.gif

Esperanza

I swell the ranks of the White Ladies
fluffy.gif

Sometimes I'm NC15, but in winter it's better for me not to wear any foundation at all and pick different colors of blush and warm lipsticks... but I've found something nearly perfect: a mix of Clinique Superbalanced foundation in Petal (01) & Ivory (03) :nod:
Don't you guys do the same?

AprilBomb

Ditto all the above. That is a kick-ass idea! Sign me up.
th_e2cloud9.gif

While we're talking about the our near-albino-ness, does anyone else have trouble with their veins showing through their skin horribly? The veins on the temples of my face look all blue and nasty, and I can never cover them up very well. It always looks fake. So I just ignore it and hope for the best.
weeping.gif

Esperanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilBomb
While we're talking about the our near-albino-ness, does anyone else have trouble with their veins showing through their skin horribly? The veins on the temples of my face look all blue and nasty, and I can never cover them up very well. It always looks fake. So I just ignore it and hope for the best.
weeping.gif

I've got the same problem, with some greeny veins on the lower part of my cheeks... Please allow me to introduce myself
devil.gif

claresauntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperanza
I've got the same problem, with some greeny veins on the lower part of my cheeks...

Yup. Me, too. Can't cover it without verging into mask-like make-up, either, since with super-fair skin a light hand can be too heavy!
th_remoteImage-61.gif

sharyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilBomb
weeping.gif

My veins dont show up on my face as much as on my body. You can clearly see the veins from my hand all the way up to my shoulders... not just one, but all of them on the inner side of my arm... well, you see, lost of "problems" to discuss!! We really need a porcelan-subforum!!!

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandolak
.. but i thought the beauty of colour section was for all women who werent the mainsteam makeup lines colour range ..not just dark but pale too ...

This is true.

ette

I'm not that light but this is an amazing idea!! I am working on a lot of girls who are very fair soon, so I need to know how/what to use on them.

claresauntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandolak
...i thought the beauty of colour section was for all women who werent the mainsteam makeup lines colour range ..not just dark but pale too ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
This is true.

With all due respect, the Beauty of Color Boards says this at the top:

Beauty of Color
Beauty of Color is meant for anyone with a deep skintone. Black, Latin, Asian, Pacific Islander, Middle Eastern, or someone with a killer tan!

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie
With all due respect, the Beauty of Color Boards says this at the top:

Beauty of Color
Beauty of Color is meant for anyone with a deep skintone. Black, Latin, Asian, Pacific Islander, Middle Eastern, or someone with a killer tan!

The working concept for the forum had been a bit more open ended than what the finished product came out as. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, the first couple of weeks of the new year have been uncomfortably busy for me.

ChynaSkye

*BUMP*
icon_bump.gif

So... can we plz have our mittle forum, oh forum goddesses :sangel: Quote:
Originally Posted by ChynaSkye
I love the Beauty of Color section for the tips and info that it gives and I was hoping that there could be created a similar section for the gals like me that lack color ;-)

I have been a MAC Artist for 5+ years now and I love the options but the selection of color limits what I can do for my self and my other pale companions. The Beauty of Color section allows many women to resorce and share what works for them & it would be fabulous to trade ideas for the gals that cant wear the NC15 & NW15 shades because the shades are too dark. Anyone with thoughts plz post and maybe this can become reality ;-)
cheerleader.gif

:sangel:

emilyjoy

NW15 works on me...
but I'd love for this board to happen so that I could learn about what shades are flattering on me
greengrin.gif