How about honest reviews in here?

Mabelle

I'm SO in for this. I'm not an MUA (yet!) but i would ALWAYS like to improuve my skills! I always ask for CC when posting, but havent really got any.
My feelings won't be hurt. I'm a big girl.

Unless you tell me that my face looks like it smells funny. Then i would cry.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Because the overwhelming majority of the time, when someone says "Give me CC", and it's proffered, they *really* didn't want it.

B I N G O

They get their panties all in a bunch and then everyone else jumps on the person that offered the CC like they did something wrong....

I mean there is no need to be flat out rude when offereing CC ...

But when one says ....

I think your brows would look better fuller than so thin

Every other poster writes...I love your brows just the way they are...I don't see anything wrong with your brows yada yay....

Like wtf....I was only offering my opinion....not a debate about it

However, I guess if it is for Industry professionals only then maybe it needs to be in the Industry section

naijapretty

if this is going to be for industry people only, then sure, I'm in. There are alot of industry people on this board who don't participate so much, so let's try and rope them in. Also some rules would be great, particularly if we could insist that the image being critiqued isn't one of you, but something you've done on a model (or someone else). Doing your face doesn't really help you that much as an artist (you know your face, but are you good with others?)

Willa

I'd love to post model pictures... but the d*mn photographers I did TFP for never sent me the stupid pics ¬¬

VintageAqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
I'd love to post model pictures... but the d*mn photographers I did TFP for never sent me the stupid pics ¬¬

Wow, that's really uncool of them.

BTW, I love this idea!

aeni

I'd be interested but I normally give the most of my critiques in person or privately on Model Mayhem when someone asks me. I don't really associate "professional" with Specktra. I consider it as a starting point or a place to be a "fan" of makeup.

On the subject of photos: It's easier to critique a great photo of the makeup than a bad one.

Here's free advice: Work with good models and photographers because anyone and everyone is not looking at your work first and foremost (unless you're trying to be hired by a makeup artist then MAYBE they'll be looking at the makeup). They look at the photo itself, the model, the clothes, and finally makeup and hair. A interesting photo and great model can make squiggly lines and messed up hair look intentional. A great makeup ruined by a bad photo with flash just plain ol' ruins it and no one will really give it a second thought. They'll just assume you're still learning or "playing".

So if you're going to leave this open to professionals to critique other pros or aspiring pros - then I'm all for it.

airy-fairy

That is a very good idea. I would like to take part, and have your comments and criticism of the jobs.
But dont´ you think it is a problem with the copyright? I ask the photographers who give me pics if i can use it for my portfolio, and they agree, but maybe not in the forums?
what do you think?
#

(I hope its understandable what i mean, my english is not so good unfortunatelly)

janel

hi all! i am an aspiring MUA at the tender age of 48 and i would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE honest CC about my work! i have posted in a couple of other makeup forums and i've gotten compliment but no real CC. i'm not one to immediately take offense when given CC, even if it at first comes across in a somewhat negative tone. however, i do take offense at CC or comments in general that are truly mean--after all, there are ways to point out negative attributes without being nasty. i say go for it--although most of what i've done at this point is on myself (i have a really funky day job that has me working LLLOOONNGG hours and can't always schedule with others to be models for me--scheduling conflicts!) i would still love the criticism and hopefully i can come up with some other models at some point! blessings

Willa

Girls, thank you for your comments!
I am still waiting for an answer from Janice
smiles.gif

aeni

Also everyone - this is something I've learned over time. The worst comments are none at all. It just means your work, the photo, the composition - it's boring.
ssad.gif