How can I get this style? Is it possible to do without heat styling?

Allnatural

hh.jpg

xsnowwhite

honestly i think it would be really hard to do without heat styling.
What is your hair type naturally? If its wavy it would be easier but I think your best bet is using a curling iron.

sinergy

^^like she said, your hair will be easier to achieve this on if you have a wave to it. if you dont want to use a curling iron, you can try running a frizz cream and some sort of setting gel/mousse through your hair while its wet, possibly damp if it doesnt tend to frizz a lot. Then you can either put your hair in two french braids and let it air dry, or you can take small sections of your hair and twist each up, until all your head is done. Secure them with bobby pin or rubber bands but that wont leave an indention. let that air dry also. when your hair is dry, let it down spray it with a curl enhancing hairspray or one for texture and body, and gently seperate the plaits or twists with your fingers. NO BRUSH! You should have a similar look. Sometimes even after this, you might have to put a few big curls in with an iron, but at least you wont have to do your whole head. Try different products for different kinds of hold. Hope it works!!

Honey B. Fly

two semi-loose braids on damp hair b4 bed would give that look easily, as long as ur natural hair isnt pin straight or fine

urbanlilyfairy

some kind of light frizz cream .... while your hair is damp... then put your hair in a few small buns ..let it air dry ..this works for me ..but 1 I don't have a lot of hair and 2 my hair is slightly wavy ..it's half wave/frizz and other half straight ..but give it a try. I tried this tip after reading about it in allure. good luck.

lil_kismet

I've had great luck with Goody Sp'oodles for achieving that wavy look. They are these colourful spongey/gummy tubes that you'd roll into your hair.

After showering, towel dry your hair and work in your favourite curling product. Then dry your hair, but not completely -- you want your hair a little bit damp. Take the time to neatly roll them into your hair and leave them on over night (they are spongey, so they are much easier to sleep with than a set of plastic rollers in your hair). To my surprise, they stay in your hair fairly well.

These Sp'oodles really work! I think the trick though is to actually take all the time you need to roll your hair up with them neatly and tightly. And if you know your hair is curl-resistant, then I would roll them up in smaller sections.

kimmae17

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_kismet
I've had great luck with Goody Sp'oodles for achieving that wavy look. They are these colourful spongey/gummy tubes that you'd roll into your hair.

After showering, towel dry your hair and work in your favourite curling product. Then dry your hair, but not completely -- you want your hair a little bit damp. Take the time to neatly roll them into your hair and leave them on over night (they are spongey, so they are much easier to sleep with than a set of plastic rollers in your hair). To my surprise, they stay in your hair fairly well.

These Sp'oodles really work! I think the trick though is to actually take all the time you need to roll your hair up with them neatly and tightly. And if you know your hair is curl-resistant, then I would roll them up in smaller sections.

where can you get sp'oodles?

TonyaB

You can check drugstores, CVS, Walgreens, Rite-Aid for Sp'oodles. Also Wal-mart/K-mart might have some..

Latest posts