How do I depot NYX single eyeshadows?

Dayjoy

They depot just like the MAC shadows--pop the inner pot from the outer pot, then hold over a candle and press the pan out from the bottom after it melts a little. At first I put mine in a palette that had the foam well separators. I just traced the pan with a pencil and cut the excess away with an Exacto knife so the squares would fit securely. Eventually I re-panned all my NYX shadows into round pans. I like all my shadows in the same place and I wanted to start using MAC palettes.

Dayjoy

I use a bobby pin and scrape about 1/2 to 2/3 of the shadow (because NYX shadows are bigger) into a pan that I have already dropped enough alcohol into to cover the bottom surface. I break up any chunky pieces until it is all powdery. When the pan is full, I use a dropper to put in more alcohol. Then I mix it a bit until it is smooth with the pin or a toothpick--about the consistency of cake frosting. I drop the pan on the table a few times to get the shadow level. When it is almost dry (20 minutes to an hour--depending on how crazy I got with the alcohol--I use 91% because it dries faster--but 70% works too) I wrap a quarter in tee shirt fabric (stolen from my husband and cut up) and press the shadow until it is smooth and has a nice hatch mark. Then I let it dry all the way.

Hope this made sense and helps!

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayjoy
I use a bobby pin and scrape about 1/2 to 2/3 of the shadow (because NYX shadows are bigger) into a pan that I have already dropped enough alcohol into to cover the bottom surface. I break up any chunky pieces until it is all powdery. When the pan is full, I use a dropper to put in more alcohol. Then I mix it a bit until it is smooth with the pin or a toothpick--about the consistency of cake frosting. I drop the pan on the table a few times to get the shadow level. When it is almost dry (20 minutes to an hour--depending on how crazy I got with the alcohol--I use 91% because it dries faster--but 70% works too) I wrap a quarter in tee shirt fabric (stolen from my husband and cut up) and press the shadow until it is smooth and has a nice hatch mark. Then I let it dry all the way.

Hope this made sense and helps!

that's cool but isn't' it a lot of work? plus repressing matte shadows seems like it changes its consistency. it's never the same again. i do wish the nyx singles were round instead of square so it could match with my mac shadows. oh well

Dayjoy

It does sound like a lot of work reading it! But since I have all the stuff around the house, it really only takes about 5-10 minutes for several shadows--not counting drying time. It's something I do in spurts--when the spirit hits me.

pretty~nyxie

maybe you should try eyeshadow cases from mark? the biggest one only holds eight of their shadows but at least they are designed for square shaped pans
smiles.gif

heres what they look like:

mark Shop - Products

its worth a shot so you dont have to re-pan all your shadows! HTH

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty~nyxie
maybe you should try eyeshadow cases from mark? the biggest one only holds eight of their shadows but at least they are designed for square shaped pans
smiles.gif

heres what they look like:

mark Shop - Products

its worth a shot so you dont have to re-pan all your shadows! HTH

Thanks, but NYX shadows are not square. They have four corners, but the sides are convex.

yhst-50688558676080_2071_7653598

Palettes without separators are probably the reasonable solution, since it's such an irregular shape. Repanning seems like a huge hassle and could probably ruin the shadow as well. If I was that crazy about having everything in a round pan, I'd probably just buy something else.
smiles.gif