How do you clean your 187/what's in Mac cleanser

sandsonik

Finally broke down and bought a 187 but I want to take good care of it and the reviews at MUA really vary on the best way to clean it! How do you clean yours? Also, I don't have MAC brush cleaner. I have a Lumene brush cleaner I've only used once so far and I was wondering how ingredients compare. This one contains purified water, ammonium lauryl sulfate, coamidopropyl Betaine Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Chloride Butylene Glycol, Benzyl Alcohol Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol Polyquatermium-10, Ctiric Acid Peppermint, Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinon.

Whew, I can't believe I just typed all that out! An awful lot of chemicals, I guess mostly alcohol. Is that ingredient list at all comparable to Mac Brush cleaner or is Mac completely different? Before buying this I mostly used baby shampoo though I did have a sample of a smashbox brush cleaner that never impressed me much, partly because the sprayer never worked and partly because it didn't seem to do much!

Cruella

Just continue using baby shampoo - that's all I have ever used and I have brushes that are well over 5 years old. Save your money & use it to buy more MAC
thmbup.gif

user79

I use shampoo, not even a baby shampoo one. It works really well. Sometimes I even use natural olive soap.

They aren't that delicate, ya know!
winks.gif