How do you label your e/s palettes?

Blushbaby

I've been watching a number of labelling tuts on YT as it's become really annoying having to keep lifting up my pans to see what I'm using
thmbdn.gif

I'm not really feeling any of the videos I've seen so far cos if I were to move my colours around then I'd have to change all my labels again and I don't have the patience to keep doing that, especially as I'm still adding to my collection.

I don't suppose anybody knows of any magnetic labels I can buy which will enable me to move the names around easily without making the palette messy by peeling/unsticking if I were to label them in the standard way?

I hope I'm making sense!
th_dunno.gif

vivaluxri

Honestly, I just use those little post-it notes (the ones that come in strips) and then move then around when I want to move the colors around.

I don't know if you're looking for something more permanent than that though...

Ladybugz

hi there - i very briefly showed my palettes in my you tube collection video.

I will explain how i did them the best i can with words:

1st i took some some self adhesive magnetic tape and put 3 stripes of it going across on the top part of the open palette goin full way left to right. (let me know if im not make sense anywhere here)

the magnetic tape i used was: Tapes > Xyron Magnetic Tape Dispenser 9m Ref 384846 - Euroffice.co.uk

After that i made sheet of labels and typed out the name of each one in size 10 font on the pc and printed it onto labeling sheets.

Use the magnetic tape again and stick the labels to the self adhesive side and cut around the name. the magnetic side should be on the outside and will then stick to the strips of magnets on the palette. that whay if you move your palettes around you can just lift them off n switch em around.

heres a picture if it helps but it isnt very clear:

Attachment 8072

you can always use the magnetic tape to stick to the back of depotted eyeshadows too
choochoo.gif

let me know if that helps
thmbup.gif

Ladybugz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
I'm not familiar with the craft stores in London, but you might be able to send your BF down here to get these
61413-1020-1-2ww-m.jpg

not sure how well that would work as the top of the palette isnt magnetic...

Blushbaby

Love the look of those magnetic business cards. I can just cut them down to size. I did a bit of goggling and have found they come in another size. They're really cheap too.

Thanks for explaining your method Linzi - that's something to consider aswell.

M.A.C. head.

I use colored Post-it tabs.

I have a yellow one on my neutral pallet, an orange one on my yellows/reds/oranges pallet, a pink one on my pinks/purples pallet, and a blue one on my blues/grays/greens pallet.

sweets4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
I've been watching a number of labelling tuts on YT as it's become really annoying having to keep lifting up my pans to see what I'm using
thmbdn.gif

Hey to another bi-continental person
smiles.gif

here is a good video that uses velcro...its cute, but im too OCD for this, everything has to be perfectly straight..NATNEAGLE-How I arrange my MAC Palettes
thmbup.gif
also i think this YTer has another video somewhere that uses magnetics, like has something stationary on the top of the palette and then adds magnetic labels.

btw, Hobby Craft , sells a roll of magnetic tape for like 3£, not bad and its really long, I use it for my depotted e/s, perfect size I find and the right thickness, could be good to stick labels onto, i love it!
th_worship.gif

thats as an alternative to those printable magnetic business cards, really you can get those in ATL? my sister moved back there...hmmzz...
HeavenLeiBlu, where part are you from?
xLiz

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweets4
really you can get those in ATL? my sister moved back there...hmmzz...
HeavenLeiBlu, where part are you from?
xLiz

I'm actually IN Atlanta, in the city proper. Lots of people say Atlanta, and live out in the East ( like I did, like a dummy when I first moved here- Lithonia, Stone Mountain, Decatur, etc), West ( Douglassville, Austell, etc,) South( Jonesboro, Stockbrige, etc), or North ( Alpharetta, Roswell, etc).

It's really confusing, espcially for people who aren't from here (like me). I used to be so confused when people say they lived here, then I get correspondence from them from some town I'd never heard of, LOL.

dominichulinda

I sometimes take the label that came w/ the e/s pot and place it on the "pan" of the e/s I depotted...or make one using a sticky paper and place it on the palette.

palatial

oooh, these are some great ideas...to be honest, I have never thought of labeling, pretty much because I am such a nerd I have 4 palettes memorized
blink.gif

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by palatial
oooh, these are some great ideas...to be honest, I have never thought of labeling, pretty much because I am such a nerd I have 4 palettes memorized
blink.gif

I basically have my seven palettes memorized, plus my overflow hanging out in quads.
thmbup.gif

L1LMAMAJ

I label the bottom of my pans on the magnet part. I guess I'm so use to where each color is so I memorize them and can identify them without looking at the palette. I think post it sticky notes might work

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
I label the bottom of my pans on the magnet part. I guess I'm so use to where each color is so I memorize them and can identify them without looking at the palette. I think post it sticky notes might work

mine are labeled on the bottom as well, but i move the colors around so i don't memorize the location. i know the color just by looking at it, even LE colors!
lol.gif

kittykit

I keep the original labels (from the pots) and paste them under the pans but most of my e/s are refills.

I can remember the names of the e/s, afterall I only have 20+ of them
greengrin.gif

Lapis

when I depot the original label goes on the bottom of the pan over the magnet, I use a label maker and print the label for the top of the palette, they peel off easily and I can reuse them most of the time

dormick

I printed out the names on little round stickers. It was a lot of fun, organising it, I have to say!

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
I basically have my seven palettes memorized, plus my overflow hanging out in quads.
thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
mine are labeled on the bottom as well, but i move the colors around so i don't memorize the location. i know the color just by looking at it, even LE colors!
lol.gif

I was beginning to think I was the only person who did this!

rocking chick

I use the original labels from the e/s pots and paste it on the palette. So once I open the palette, I can straight away see the names & textures of each e/s.

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
lol.gif

I reorganize my palettes every time I get a new shadow!
greengrin.gif