How do you use [insert MAC product name]?

Kinderwhore

How about pigments like Helium from last year's Holiday set? It's so ridiculously crunchy, and the results are even more horrible when I use Fix+ or a mixing medium. I must be doing something wrong. I love the colour, but it's so, so hard to spread properly.

ohnna-lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewlyMACd
How do you use the Frost piggy from the Lil Darling set? It's a lot of fall out. Should I use it wet or maybe I need a certain brush.

I have always used it as an all over body shimmer when I used to go out to the clubs, it gives you a pretty glow. I do this with Melon also depending on what effect i am after.

laguayaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnna-lee
I have always used it as an all over body shimmer when I used to go out to the clubs, it gives you a pretty glow. I do this with Melon also depending on what effect i am after.

thats an awesome idea even for Helium it sounds like it would be something that you could use it for.

I have a whole bottle of Helium ugh I bought it back when I was obsessed with having all pigment I have used it with mixing medium and it worked but i applied it slowly lol and it was a pain still.

ohnna-lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by laguayaca
thats an awesome idea even for Helium it sounds like it would be something that you could use it for.

I have a whole bottle of Helium ugh I bought it back when I was obsessed with having all pigment I have used it with mixing medium and it worked but i applied it slowly lol and it was a pain still.

Have you tried packing it on with a sponge tip applicator brush, without the mixing medium, just smoosh it into the sponge really well then pat it on with a good base.

If all else fails the body is pretty forgiving and it is nice to be shimmery!
graucho.gif

NewlyMACd

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Fix+ and the 239 brush
smiles.gif

ah ha! I figured it may need to be wet when applied. I guess I'll be adding fix + to my list. thank you

Quote:

hhmmm and I do hit the clubs. Fantastic idea. Dual uses. Perfect. Thanks ladies

sum

How do you use the lash mixing medium?
I want to change my lash colour to blue, so do I mix the medium and the pigment together?
If so, how do I apply it to my lashes?

laguayaca

Mac flat eye brush 212 I think that's the number it's like a straight. I've tried using it as a liner brush but it's way too straight!

jennyfee

Quote:
Have you tried packing it on with a sponge tip applicator brush, without the mixing medium, just smoosh it into the sponge really well then pat it on with a good base.

If all else fails the body is pretty forgiving and it is nice to be shimmery!
graucho.gif

How about pressing it??

ohnna-lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyfee
How about pressing it??

I really can't grasp the idea of pressing pigments yet. To me it defeats the purpose of having that different medium to work with. You can get a better benefit IMO by using it loose. Frost in it's loose form can be mixed with any shadow to make it irridescent or even be used as a liner with mixing medium. I'm bumming that they Disc this pigment
lecture.gif

Now if you really want to find a use for that almost useless third strip in the trios
tong.gif
... I think it might be the same glittery mess that frost offers, just not in pigment form. HTH

ohnna-lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum
I want to change my lash colour to blue, so do I mix the medium and the pigment together?

I use a small fan brush and apply the mixture that way. You have to get the consistency right or it will be too wet and will release the curl in your lashes. Or if it is too dry it won't adhere. Get a palette and knife and mix it together til you get them both blended then distribute it through the lashes. You might want to invest it a metal comb to separate the lashes also.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by versace
how do you use beauty powder alpha girl?it doesnt show on me as a blush ;(

beauty powders aren't meant to be used as a blush, but they can double as one. they're meant to be an all over face highlight, very soft and subtle. you apply them to the high planes of your face-forehead, temples, cheekbones, nose and chin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum

you'd apply it with disposable mascara wands.

MACLovin

I don't remember which thread it was in.. but erine1881 suggested the 194 concealer brush be used as a lip brush instead.. so true! it's a perfect lip brush, thanks!
greengrin.gif
because i rarely use it for concealer.. hah

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACLovin
I don't remember which thread it was in.. but erine1881 suggested the 194 concealer brush be used as a lip brush instead.. so true! it's a perfect lip brush, thanks!
greengrin.gif
because i rarely use it for concealer.. hah

i know, right!? i only use it for the lips, and use the 217 for concealer instead.
yes.gif

MACLovin

Ok ladies, any tips on using Mauvement pigment? I just got it, and it's gorgeous, but what colors to pair it with I'm sort of lost on. It seems like it can look differently depending on what type/color base you use, and its very versatile. I just need some ideas!

NatalieMT

I only have one Lipmix, which is the Pink, so maybe I'm not totally qualified to answer, but before I did buy one I did a little research and this is what I found. Basically I think it's all about the illusive search for the perfect lip shade and MAC has tried to create a line of products to help make this achievable.

Firstly you can use it on your lips straight out of the tube or with a brush, the only downside the product is I've found a little drying this way and highly staining, so I guess you have to be careful, maybe add some balm to dilute. You can mix them with lipgloss to intensify/change the shade, the same with lipstick really you could add a little White Frost to say Hue for a more nude shimmery look or a little Blue to a pink that already has blue undertones to bring out this colour or another one I read Violet with a red lipstick.

I've heard they're also good mixed together for example the Crimson and Blue or Orange and the Pink with Copper or Gold, perhaps with a little Clear or balm just to make it go on better.

I think I've also heard of people using them for blushes, I'm not totally sure how that works having never tried it myself. I can imagine some of the shades looking very pretty this way but others not so much, again with the staining aspect I'd be wary. But never know until you give it a go! Hope that helps a little!

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACLovin
Ok ladies, any tips on using Mauvement pigment? I just got it, and it's gorgeous, but what colors to pair it with I'm sort of lost on. It seems like it can look differently depending on what type/color base you use, and its very versatile. I just need some ideas!

It looks beautiful with Melon pigment. Try Melon wet on the lid with wet Mauvement in the crease.
yes.gif

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
It looks beautiful with Melon pigment. Try Melon wet on the lid with wet Mauvement in the crease.
yes.gif

Ooh, thanks I'll try that! I happen to own and love Melon so I hope it works out.
th_DANCE.gif
Now that you mention it, Melon might make a nice base for using Mauvement dry on top too, you never know. I think I need to go play now.. haha