How much do they primp?

Dark_Phoenix

How much does your significant other primp? Is he/she more high maintenance than you are?

My boyfriend had shoulder length light blonde hair... he came over to my house today with it chopped to chin length and dyed/toned WHITE. I was shocked, it's not even platinum blonde. It's pure white. I mean, it doesn't look bad on him just really shocking. Otherwise, he really doesn't primp much... minus the occaisional mass of product he uses in his hair (ugh, it makes is sooo stiff!).

Shimmer

Shaves.
That's what he does.

And puts on deodorant.

That's about what my husband does to 'primp'.

Love Always Ivy

i get annoyed with my bf because he'll insist on getting ready at his house first then i get ready at my house then go out to dinner or the club or party or whatever. and he takes so damn long to shower and shave and comb his hair. then he picks out clothes then brushes then ties his shoes ever so slowly.... 2 hours later THEN we go to my house, where IM suddenly the one who has to rush to do hair and makeup, then its MY fault we're late even though i end up having to do makeup in the car.

so yea when i do get my boyfriend to shower and primp nicely, it takes damn forever. its like a trade off. he looks great, i look half assed
ssad.gif

CantAffordMAC

My boyfriend doesn't necessarily "primp" but he's in the mirror all the time. He has really short hair, so there's not much else to do but rub some moisturizer into it. But he makes sure he goes to the barbershop for a fresh haircut every week and a half, and keeps his facial hair groomed. He sprays cologne and makes sure he smells good, and like I said he stays in the mirror a lot.

Wherever we go, the mall, mcdonalds, my house: his first stop is the bathroom and 90% of the time he's not actually going to the bathroom he's just looking in the mirror.
He does get mad at me for taking long to get ready (I take 30 minutes in the shower, 10 minutes to brush my teeth, anywhere from 20 minutes-1 hour to do my hair, and another 30 minutes to do my makeup) and sometimes I do take awhile. I have to give it to him: as much as he likes to make himself look good, he does it in a more timely fashion than I do.

aeni

He's less primping now. I now primp more which I would consider to be normal (b/c I put on makeup and he doesn't).

He takes 30 minutes to do his hair. Sometimes he goes without shaving for a few days. If its time to take the clippers to his body, it'll take him 2 hours (shower, shave, clip). He's not overtly hairy at all, it'll increase with age though.

Willa

Tell me if i'm not right, its just that i'm not sure about what primp means...
blush-anim-cl.gif

But if I understood well, it means to ''prepare'' and such?

I don't know how long he takes when he's back at his place, but when he sleeps at my place, he usually just take his shower, blowdry his hair, brush teeths and put on some cream because he has dry skin, and its usually my cream because he forgot his (which I gave him last christmas haha).

His beard doesnt grow too fast so when he comes on friday, he usually leave on sunday and don't shave during the weekend.

girlstar

My boyfriend takes about a half hour in the morning to get ready. Shower, shave, brush teeth, deodorant, get dressed, style his hair, moisturise his face. I need at least an hour :/

Bonbonroz

Depends of the time. In everyday life he takes more time in the bathroom in the morning than I do, b/c since I'm in the military it's no MU and ponytail, I just brush my teeth, wash and moisturize my face, whereas he has to wash his face and putting on some special products b/c of his oily skin, shave, and brush his teeth... I take 5 to 10 minutes, he takes 20 :/
But during the week-end, I'm the one who's really taking care of myself :p

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Shaves.
That's what he does.

And puts on deodorant.

Yep, same with my man. Except sometimes he's even too lazy for the deodorant!! It's kind of annoying. Or he will run out and not buy a new one. So I often buy him a new one.
th_LMAO.gif

I kinda wish he would do more. Not like be a male diva (not into that look at all on a man) but he should take a little bit better care of his skin. He never moisturizes and his skin is very dry in some places, and his hands are rough because he has a physically demanding job. I have to encourage him to look after himself a bit.

Although, he's not a complete slob or anything!! This is probably making him sound worse than it is. He showers daily so it's not like he's dirty.

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
My boyfriend doesn't necessarily "primp" but he's in the mirror all the time. ... 90% of the time he's not actually going to the bathroom he's just looking in the mirror.

I've got a mirror whore too.
greengrin.gif

My husband doesn't primp, but he does moisturize his face and hands after he showers in the morning. It's taken a few years but he's finally given in and started putting the most tiny amount styling product in his hair.
graucho.gif

Evey

My husband doesn't take long to primp...unless he's giving himself a haircut and shaving but that's only about once a week. He's usually in and out of the restroom in about 20 minutes. He takes very good care of himself though. He always makes sure he's clean and smelling good. He's so sexy....lol oops

Araylan

He showers and puts on deodorant. If he's already done that earlier in the day...then primping before we go out means putting on socks & boots lol.

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Shaves.
That's what he does.

And puts on deodorant.

mine, too...shits, shines, and shaves as he calls it.

now my bro-in-law...that's another story. i can't tell you the number of times we've been late to some event or movie because we've been waiting for him to finish prettifying himself (he lives with us if you can't tell).

knoxydoll

My SO showers every day, wears clean boxers and puts on deodorant. I'm lucky if on special occasions he'll put a little product in his hair.

GreekChick

Before meeting me, my boyfriend would shower, shave, and apply deodorant. Primping, for him, revolved around getting a haircut.
I guess he got fascinated by my skincare routine, because now he cleanses, scrubs, tones and moisturises. He also got into wearing cologne.

aeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by XShear
Mine is a wake-up and go kind of guy. I wish he'd style his hair though. :/

At least yours washes his face - and the crud from his eyes. Mine doesn't.

XShear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeni
At least yours washes his face - and the crud from his eyes. Mine doesn't.

Washes his face?! Pssh, only when he showers (which isn't everyday, mind you). I just wish he'd put some effort into looking decent. I even offer to wake up much earlier than I would normally to do his hair for him. Yet, he still declines and leaves it straight and god-awful (IMO). But, persistance is the key, hehe!

choochoo.gif