How much $$$ you spend a night?

tottui

Just out of curiosity, when you go out to a club, bar, lounge... how much do you spend? Do you go out with a budget in mind? Do you buy only your drinks or do you share rounds???

I'm just asking this because sometimes I don't know if I'm spending too much or too little.. when I go out I ALWAYS set a side $10 for parking, I prefer to pay for parking because its safer, I sometimes have to walk alone to my car very late at night so I prefer to have security around...

I usually say to myself "I'm only going to spend $30, including entrance (I refuse to pay more that $5")... also, depending on who I'm hanging out with I might share rounds or buy for myself only....

Thanks for sharing!!

Shimmer

Including parking? Around $40.
I buy my drinks, unless I'm with my guy, and then we split rounds, but if I'm single? I don't let anyone buy me a drink. I don't want to 'owe' anyone anything.

Simply Elegant

It depends on the bar and night because sometimes there are different prices for different days. Anywhere from 10-40 plus usually about 20% tip.

LMD84

generally i take out £30 with me but about £8-£10 of that will go on a taxi. i don't drink that much though so usually i still come back with about £5 worth of change in my bag! and i don't do rounds anymore. one 'friend' wrecked it when she'd have super expencive drinks when somebody else was buying and then buy herself a soft drink in between!!

ChloeCariad

I usually take £30 in our local area, £50 if we are further afield. Our usual hangouts are quite cheap, so I can get pretty ruined on that haha. That usually includes around £7 for a taxi home and a couple of pounds for the traditional end of night chicken burger, chips and cheese lol!

I usually just go into rounds with my BFF and if another friend is there, her. If I am with other people, say work, in a large crowd,I just stick to my own. With my BFF I know we won't ruin it. Oooh, expect if we go this cocktail bar (READ: Absolute dive). The cocktails are at least £5 each, so everyone gets their own.

Meisje

I don't drink much, so my tolerance is quite low.

If I'm driving, I don't buy drinks, so it's cover only (which can vary anywhere from free to $40, depending on the event). If I'm taking transit, I will have no more than two drinks, but have to add $6 on for the two cities I have to cross on bus.

hello_my_apple

well I go into Manhattan and Hoboken to go out usually. So it would cost me around 100 bucks a night. I dont do the club scene I love bars, so there is no over charge for that, but my money goes to bar hopping via cabs, and transpo back to Jersey.

Shanti

I try not to spend over $50. In bigger cities though, with bottle service etc. it usually comes to about $40-$60, $80 for a special occasion.

banana1234

when i go out i usually go out in london, its a lot more expensive here than i think in the states, but in london, you usually have to at least spend about £50-60... but i do like to have quite a few cocktails etc