How safe is the plastic in your sex toys?

EmbalmerBabe

I just bought a Jenna Jameson Sweet Dreams vib for 35.00! I noticed
the plastic does smell funky, its the soft squishy kind. That is the first thought that popped into my head, its probably toxic.

Kuuipo

I use pyrex (borscilate glass).
If you use latex based or simethicone lubes on some toys it melts them. If there are any cracks in your toys they are harbors for bacteria and you can give yourself bacterial vaginosis. If you have a yeast infection -and you can get one from one of those lubes that has a sugar solution-in many ofthe water based lubes and do not thoroughly scrub your toy you will re-infect yourself. That's why they recommend putting condoms over sex toys. It is good to use an antibacterial scrub on the toys. I knew someone who did not wash her toys ( a girl at work) and found maggots on them!
Some lubes are harder to clean out from the body although they feel better (silicone based). KY is not romantic but its safe. The more additives, the worse it can be on your vaginal health.
One thing to remember with glass sex toys is they are hard, so take it easy. You don't want to bruise your cervix.

mizuki~

I don't use toys but thanks for sharing, Kuuipo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
I knew someone who did not wash her toys ( a girl at work) and found maggots on them!

shockt.gif
sick.gif
throwup.gif
....that's really gross..I didn't know that was even possible!

Lyssah

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
Well I've always gone with Silicone because of my allergy to latex. So I have no worries.

me too
yes.gif

Kuuipo

Use water based lube on your silicone toys, not silicone or dimethicone based lube. It disfigures and "melts" them in time.

Fataliya

Great, I finally convince hubby we need toys, and we get em, and now this??

I dunno what they're made of, but I know the boxes said they're made in China.

How do I find out what they're made of??

magicmorgan

I suggest going through a site like Babeland.com or selfserve.com
both are friendly, female-oriented and they're all about happy healthy sex. Most of their toys don't have toxic plastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
I don't use toys but thanks for sharing, Kuuipo!

shockt.gif
sick.gif
throwup.gif
....that's really gross..I didn't know that was even possible!

That IS really gorss....i just got goosebumps ALL over my body!!!!!!

Moni