How should my friend deal with this MAC complaint?

LatinaRose

I am a member of an exotic dancer forum. I have encouraged many girls to apply for their MAC Pro discount. However, one of the girls from the forum was treated very rudely when she applied in store. Here is her original post from the forum:

Quote:
I am trying to obtain a MAC Pro membership so I went into MAC today with a copy of my adult entertainers license, and a hand written letter on my club's letterhead. My club isn't fancy and doesn't have a printer or anything, but it says on the letter to call if they have any questions. It states on the application form all you need is two examples of professional identification. The women in the store was extremely rude to me and said I needed 3 examples of identification like a pay stub. I explained that I don't get a pay check I pay the club to work there, which she couldn't grasp. She exclaimed that she had never seen "that type" of application before. She took my app and is going to have the manager call me tomorrow b/c they have certain guidelines and can't just let anyone have a membership. I was really excited but now I feel really bad about the whole thing. Did any of you have problems like this?

I already advised her not to apply with the handwritten letter, that it just does not look "official". I told her to ask for a piece of letterhead, get a letter typed up at Kinko's on it and have her manager sign it.

Besides that, how should she deal with the rude treatment she received? One, it clearly states you only need 2 forms of employment. Two, it doesn't even list "pay stub" on the application as one of the proofs! Third, I think the fact that she said she'd never seen "that type" of application shows a bit of discrimination towards her working in the adult industry. Not cool. MAC employees are supposed to be professional at all times. Of course, she never heard from the manager, which leads me to believe her application was just tossed out. What should she do? I hate when people are treated bad at MAC, esp when I encourage them to go there!

glam8babe

omg i hate it when people look down to others just because of the industry they work in. I bet the MAC employee was probably a stuck up bitch and threw it away and didnt like the fact that your friend was in the adult industry. your friend should try again but hand it to a different employee or someone who looks friendly, theres alot of really nice MA's out there who are willing to help and if something happens like that you just gotta keep trying, dont let no snobby bitch stop you from getting what you want!
ohh and if your friend complains about this bitch hopefully something will be done about her attitude!

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
ohh and if your friend complains about this bitch hopefully something will be done about her attitude!

What happened? I don't remember your (e)personality being quite so abrasive, I do remember a sweet young lady though... what happened to her? We've already closed one thread due to your wildly out of control comments. Would you mind toning it down a bit? Let's be good netizens and conduct ourselves with class and intelligence.

glam8babe

sorry if i come off as a bitch at times but i just say it how i think it is. I type as if im talking and i like to argue back alot. i dont mean to sound offensive or abusive in any way what so ever but im not gunna pretend im all innocent and dont know what certain words mean. I like to have my say in things just like everybody else does and it seems like im always the one who gets told i think its because im younger than most of the other on here i dont know but whatever

jenii

Your friend should definitely complain to corporate. That girl's attitude was unacceptable.

frocher

Complain to corporate.

It's good you advised her to clean up her application. She should take the application process seriously if she wants them to take her seriously. I am not siding with anyone, but I have reviewed applications from individuals (in the corporate world) whose resumes and application letters are sloppy and full of typos. They go straight into the circular file, it is hard to respect someone who is not respecting the process.

LatinaRose

She told me she spoke to the store manager. The manager said the application and 2 proofs were fine and she would send them off to corporate right away. She apologized for the employees behavior and said she would be "dealt with". I am going to advise her to still complain to corporate and help her make the letter perfect as fas as grammar/spelling/etc.

Thanks for all your suggestions! I just felt bad b/c she was so excited about it and then let down by the SA. I find it hard to believe someone working for MAC could be so close-minded.