How To - At Home Manicure?

Lady_V

Hi there. I did a search and didnt see anything on directions/products etc. to do an at home manicure. Does anyone have any tips on what I should use, what I shouldnt use, which products should I mostly always use, what I should do first etc. If I missed a post on this please fee free to redirect me to it. Thanks so much!
smiles.gif

MsCuppyCakes

Let's see, you can get cuticle oil, nail polish remover, emery boards, cuticle stick from your local beauty supply.

Manicure, remove all polish, soak in warm sudsy water, with cuticle oil, push your cuticles back, you can file or cut your nails to desired length, buff, rinse with warm water and polish. 2-3x/day I use a felt tip applicator pen with green tea and cuticle oil to prevent my cuticles from get dry.

Pedicure, same as above, I like Dr. Scholl's line of foot bath soaks, cracked heels etc. and Avon has some pretty good products.

Polish, I use OPI's Chip quick, nail polish colors, base and top coats. Nailtique has really great products for thin, dry, splitting, etc. nail problems.

Now when I don't feel like doing any of the above, I get a mani/pedi once a month and polish changes weekly.

HTH

Lady_V

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I really appreciate it! It helps quite a lot. Thanks again!

user79

Basically how I do it (when I have long nails, that is!) is I take off all the old polish with a remover. Then I wash my hands and apply a lotion to my hands and Burt's Bees Cuticle balm to the cuticle. Once the cuticles are soft, I use an orange stick to push back the cuticle and then a cuticle trimmer to cut off the hanging cuticles, if there are any. Some people don't like to cut the dead cuticle skin off, but I think it just looks neater and when I had a professional manicure they did this too.

Then I buff my nails and then file them into an oval shape. I apply a basecoat, 2 coats of colour, and a top coat. Let them dry adequately and voila, perfect nails.