How to contour?

jroos

I have never really done any contouring except fot basic bronzer/blush/highlighting. I really want to try countouring my face. What are the basics of contouring? What products should I use? I am very fair, in mac studio fix I am NW20. Any help or tips will be greatly appreciated. TIA!!

sayah

I'd say bronzing is giving the face a bit of colour, contouring is more about enhancing certain traits. (Cheekbones etc.)

imthebeesknees

I think it's all about the brushes you use, you dont want your contour to be too heavy and thick or it will look too obvious. I contour everyday and have been lately just using my 109. And make sure and blend!!

Also, some people use concealer or just powder to contour. I have combination skin so i only use powder, I will generally either use Solar Riche, Benefit's Hoola, or an MNSF in a darker color than my skin tone!

Hope that helps! <3

Nepenthe

Contouring is about sculpting, you're looking to recede the areas of your face that naturally do so (or you want to recede more). The most frequent spots are under the crease of the eyes, the cheekbones, the temples, around the perimeter of the face and the nose. For most people something that's soft & subtle is preferred.. so I'd recommend a shade that's just a touch darker than your skin tone and matte (since shimmer reflects light - the opposite of what you're going for). Getting to know your facial anatomy and lots of blending are key for achieving a believable shadow that doesn't look artificial.

Latest posts