how to make brush soft

genduk26

hi everyone,
do u know how to make your brushes soft? it's NOT about cleansing brush!! i have searched it but i couldn't find it. moderators: feel free to move or merge this thread
yes.gif

anyway, i found the video about how to make brush soft in youtube (YouTube - 1 way to make your brushes soft). i never use coconut oil. so i'm not sure should i get coconut oil or not? or do you have other ideas?

Pnk85

I use a deep conditioner named Mizani that is the best!!! It makes my brushes super soft but does not compromise the amount of product that the brushes pick up.

genduk26

i use conditioner every after wash the brush. but sometimes it feels greasy especially brushes for foundation (190 / 187). i use pantene conditioner. is it ok? where can i get this Mizani brand?
do u think using coconut oil & olive oil are a good idea?

xxManBeaterxx

I normally use a deep conditioner specifically for color treated hair. that way the pH is lower and the ingredients are a bit more gentle. I use redken shea butter for color treated hair. Makes my face brushes very soft.

genduk26

so basically any conditioner will make every brush soft includes SE, LE, cheap & handmade brushes. am i rite? or should i read/find specific ingredient before i buy the conditioner?
thanks for all of your advices.

uh_oh_disco

Conditioners are great for brushes, if yours feel greasy after conditioner use a conditioners for greasy hair - they wont have added oils. I even comb through my bigger brushes when they have conditioner on them!

k.a.t

And there's me thinking i could be ruining my brushes by using conditoner...
Thanks for this, im definitely starting again! and i just washed them today lol

ambicion6

Hmm does it hurt to wash your brushes in shampoo? i ran out of MAC brush cleaner and have been too lazy to go get some new one. but I figured if its real hair, then shampoo will be ok for it? the last time i washed all my brushes with shampoo (a little glob in a glass of warm water until it gets all sudsy) they came out super soft and fluffy.

genduk26

i don't have a problem with wash brushes in shampoo. shampoo or mac brush cleanser are for cleansing. i'm looking for some tips to soft brushes after cleansing.
smiles.gif
and i found 2 youtube members : miszexotic07 & boylre use mixing of coconut oil & olive oil to soft brushes. so i wonder if any specktra has tried it? anyway, i got the conditioner.. thanks guys.

Heiaken

Like many others I use hairconditioner on my Brushen from time to time. It really makes them soft and I read from somewhere that if you condition your brushes before you use them the firts time it helps to minimize shedding.