• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

***How to take better makeup pictures with your camera***

Elizab33th

Omg! You just saved me from buying a whole new camera! Thank you soooo so so so much!
choochoo.gif
th_DANCE.gif

fafinette21

This was so helpful. I have a question, whenever I try and take macro pictures with the flash it always reflects off my makeup so that all you see is bright white light in the picture. Any ideas how to fix this?

Glittereuphoria

Thanks so much. You've explained so many details that my camera manual just wasn't getting across!!! Can't wait to change to the correct settings and snap away!! Awesome tut!

User43

This is great if you have a nice high end camera, but what about those of us with cheep crappy camera's? For instance I have an Olympus Camedia that was given to me, and it's by far the worst thing ever. The only settings it has that you mentioned above is the macro. Camera settings are P-Auto, Portrait, Landscape, night time, and self portrait. If I am lucky I get one or two good shots, and even then I have to touch up A LOT in photoshop.
Is there anything you can think of with a crappy camera that may possible help besides photoshop, and besides buying a new camera? Being a first year college student I have no money -laughs-
Thanks.

TISH1124

Great TUT!! Now I don't have to read my manual. which would never happen....My settings are now set!! Thank you

vanillaa

Hi ladies! I was wondering if anybody can tell me if I'm able to adjust my shutter-speed with my new camera: Canon IXUS 80 IS (better known in the US as the SD1100 I believe) TIA
greengrin.gif

AlliSwan

Thank you for all the tips! I can't seem to extend my shutter speed, and I think that's the biggest problem with the washed out colors in my pics. But the ISO definitely helped, as did the lighting.

Blushbaby

Can anybody help me take better make up pics with my crappy Casio Exilim? I meant to buy a Canon but didn't realise until I got back from holiday 3 wks later that I'd picked up a Casio by mistake. I bought it in Summer 2007.

Whenever I try and take close ups the shots come out blurry and the flash gets in the way!

I've read the OP but it's not working. I'm gonna buy a new camera, but until I do can somebody help me work out my stupid camera?

Thank you

LadyMakeup1

Oh, Julia it doesn't matter what light or settings or camera you use, you will always look GORGEOUS in any circumstance!!!!!
This was very helpful, thanks a lot.

Latest posts