How to work for MAC in the UK

glam8babe

how can you work for MAC in the UK?
would i need to go to makeup school?
could i just make a really good portfolio and apply?

im so confused theres like tonnes of different ways to do it in the US as i've read on here but the UK seems abit more less strict if you get me?

girlstar

I think the UK is more strict, didn't it just come out that they're only accepting applications from people who have finished MU schooling?

glam8babe

omg rlly :| well thats kinda crap because most of the makeup schools are in London and i live all the way near Newcastle theres NO makeup schools here

shorty

they advertise positions on Estée Lauder: Job Listings you do a 15 minute phone interview then they pass your details to the area manager who contacts you.

There are some make up courses on offer in Newcastle, failing that there are many make up counters to get experience on first... I got my first MAC interview a year and a half ago by getting to know the manager in Fenwicks, letting her know my interest but she also knew I worked freelance and was qualified because I was always in there buying stuff for shoots etc

MisaMayah

The best thing you should do to clarify specifications is to call them up. Don't be afraid!! I would call the Pro order line.

Amymo

EEEH, I live in Newcastle too, do you go to Fenwicks or Metrocentre House of Fraser to fuel your MAC addiction?

glam8babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amymo
EEEH, I live in Newcastle too, do you go to Fenwicks or Metrocentre House of Fraser to fuel your MAC addiction?

i always go to fenwicks.. i havent been to the one in the metro yet but i heard its not as good as the fenwick one

what about you?

lara

Stay on topic or take it to PMs, please.
smiles.gif