how would i get this look? (lips and cheeks)

hnaoto

sorry if this is in the wrong section!

anyways, i've always had trouble with wearing light lipstick or lipglosses, because my lips are really red and it usually shows through or looks different then i want it to. i never wear any product on my lips because i get so annoyed. i actually have had women ask me what shade of lipstick i have on, when i'm not wearing any!
so my question is, what would be a good product to use to get a nude pink lip, a good example would be how paris hilton has hers most of the time. i usually wear dark/smokey eye makeup, and this look would look so much better with it. please don't tell me to use a clear lipgloss, because then they'll look shiney red!

paris-hilton-pic.gif

also what would you suggest for a light pink/beige look for blush?

mariecinder

Have you tried dabbing a bit of concealor on your lips? Benefit also makes a product called Lip Plump which is a skin colored lip primer that works really well at covering pigmented lips. Then you could follow with a nude colored lipstick (Like MAC's Hug Me, High Tea, etc.) and a nude gloss. HTH!

labellavita7

I have a sample of Benefit's Some Kinda Gorgeous concealer, and I use that on my lips sometimes. Just rub a little bit into them to make them lighter, and use MAC Nice Buzz lustreglass over it. Sometimes I'll use Underage lipglass too and it looks really nice.

User49

I would second the Benefit Lip Plump. Usually used under lipstick I find it works well on customers with one of the peachy-nude lipglosses they do. It will definitely hide any colour on the lips.

angeliquea~+

I have a similar problem in that my lips are very pigmented, however whenever I wear nude colours on my lips (i.e C-Thru, Underage etc) I look like a cadaver. I've started wearing Pretty Please l/s with Chanel Vanilla Dream l/g on top and I get a nice pinky-nude colour without looking like death warmed over, and more to the point the colour of my lips doesn't show through.

HTH!

LeeanneMarie

You could try MAC's lip erase, its made for this very purpose, although its a Pro product. You could also try springbean lustreglass. Its a green color in the tube, but its supposed to look wonderful on ladies with pigmented lips because the green balances out the red, sort of how green concealer works.