HUGE rave for Dior Bronze self tanner - With pictures!

MACATTAK

^^ Is it just called tanning mitt? I'm going to try to pick one up tomorrow. Thanks
smiles.gif

kristina ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poddygirl
My local BS had them. Thanks for the review - can't wait to try the self tanner
choochoo.gif

Yay! Hope it works for you
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
^^ Is it just called tanning mitt? I'm going to try to pick one up tomorrow. Thanks
smiles.gif

I think it's called "No Mess Self Tanning Mitt", or something to that effect!

Kalico

How long did the bottle last you? And how long did the tan last before it faded?

I agree with everyone else: you are gorgeous!

kristina ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
The Body Shop I went to didn't have the mitt! They said maybe in the summer...what a bummer
ssad.gif

Ahhh, that sucks! Maybe there is a similar product elsewhere, I'm thinking perhaps one of those beauty supply stores? I'm not sure! I'd send you one, but I live in Norway, so it would probably be verrrrry expensive - sorry
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalico
How long did the bottle last you? And how long did the tan last before it faded?

I agree with everyone else: you are gorgeous!

I can't really remember how long the bottle lasted, but I'm on my second one now, so I'll get back to you
smiles.gif
The tan lasts pretty good, as long as you remember to moisturize and don't take loooong hot showers! I'm at my boyfriend's house right now, I've been here since Friday, and applied the tan right before I left, soo ... That's almost a week, and it's starting to fade a little. My legs haven't faded at all though. So, moisturize, and it should last about a week! It might depend on your skin though, but it's longer lasting than others I've tried for sure
smiles.gif

And thanks!
greengrin.gif
<3

Jello89

I use loreal sublime glow for fair skintones. It has not turned yellow on me and i am very pale. the only thing i have to say is its a bit sparkly and sometimes itches(probably cause of the sparkles). The smell is actually not that bad. I have no problems with streaking either. I have jergens for my face. Only cause my mom bought it and I didnt want to spend money on the loreal one if I already had one at home. I just mix it in with my daily moisturizer. I do this before going to bed so that in the morning most of the smell and sparkles are gone. I then add some of my own body cream
smiles.gif

Brittni

I'm definitely going to try this if I don't have good results with Xen Tan. But, I just hope I can find the mitt you're all talking about. :p

crystalic_oxyge

thx for the post... after reading this i got so exited to check it out... and i have bought it Oo ^^
I have no idea how to use self tanners.. so would you tell me how you used yours? please? =)
i mean, do i moisurise before you use it?? leave it soak in or apply the tanner right after it? do you do it over night? by day? put any clothes on? lol... sorry for the questions i just really have no idea how to use it and there are no instructions =(
by the way.... my body shop doesnt have the mitt either (blame austria) -.- so i hope its gonna be ok if i use it with my hands. =/

kristina ftw!

Sorry for the late response you guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello89
I use loreal sublime glow for fair skintones. It has not turned yellow on me and i am very pale. the only thing i have to say is its a bit sparkly and sometimes itches(probably cause of the sparkles). The smell is actually not that bad. I have no problems with streaking either. I have jergens for my face. Only cause my mom bought it and I didnt want to spend money on the loreal one if I already had one at home. I just mix it in with my daily moisturizer. I do this before going to bed so that in the morning most of the smell and sparkles are gone. I then add some of my own body cream
smiles.gif

That's a really good idea, with the body cream and daily moisturizer
smiles.gif
We do have the L'Oreal Sublime here as well, I remember trying it a couple of years back, but I didn't care for it. However, I believe the formula might have changed, or the US formula is different alltogether, because I keep hearing raves about it from US people
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyocheese
you're very beautiful and that tan looks excellent! very healthy and natural

Thank you so much!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
I'm definitely going to try this if I don't have good results with Xen Tan. But, I just hope I can find the mitt you're all talking about. :p

Yeah, apparently people are having trouble finding it :s But I think maybe it'll be easier to come across now that summer's coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalic_oxyge
thx for the post... after reading this i got so exited to check it out... and i have bought it Oo ^^
I have no idea how to use self tanners.. so would you tell me how you used yours? please? =)
i mean, do i moisurise before you use it?? leave it soak in or apply the tanner right after it? do you do it over night? by day? put any clothes on? lol... sorry for the questions i just really have no idea how to use it and there are no instructions =(
by the way.... my body shop doesnt have the mitt either (blame austria) -.- so i hope its gonna be ok if i use it with my hands. =/

What I do is I take a shower and exfoliate with a scrub and exfoliating gloves. RIGHT after I come out of the shower I put on my regular body lotion, and then about 30 minutes later I apply the tanner. I do it at night, because it's just more convenient to me
tong.gif
I'm sure you could do it during the day as well, but I haven't had trouble with it rubbing off on my sheets, so night time is fine. Hope that helps! If you have any other questions, just throw 'em my way
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDontKnowMomo
hmmm, maybe I should go tan again...

Haha, I started to tan pretty recently, but I haven't had time for tanning beds lately, so these days I'm using self tanner again
tong.gif

AllisonWeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristina ftw!
If you want, I can show you pictures of me from when I was 5
smiles.gif
Do you think I dyed my hair then too? These pictures were taken a couple of weeks ago (to be exact -the second one is from new year's, and the first one is from my prom, which was ... Two weeks ago?). Now, here's a little juicy fact for you: Hair is often lightened by the sun. So, it's completely natural that the more recent hair growth is a little darker than the lenghts, when it's winter and no sun! ^_^

I had hair lighter than your hair when I was five.. now it's the darkest blond possible.. any darker and it'd be brown! My point is having a light hair color when you were younger doesn't make your hair that color, though you know whether you dye your hair or not, I'm not trying to say your hair is dyed, at all!
Also, about your comment on your roots: I can honestly say I can't think of a single person with a natural hair color who's roots are not a bit darker than the rest of their hair (the longer it is, the bigger difference!).
Your hair is GORGEOUS!
thmbup.gif
Please don't ever dye it!!!!!
thmbdn.gif

mac*lover

you are a super beautiful women , wow !!! with your super hottttt natural hair color that tan looks super hot on you
thmbup.gif

Kayteuk

After reading the post I went and brought 2 bottles, one of the face one, and one body one, a christian dior bag, and a self tanning mit! Heres to hoping =D
I have exactly the same fair skin as you =) So lets hope it works the same!

Anemone

Oh, nice! You look really good in those pictures! I'll have to check this out, I'm really pale too. Everyone please share if it works! I've been looking for a good self tanner for ages!
yes.gif

Kalico

I tried this the other day. It didn't smell nasty like others do, at all, probably because it is somewhat perfumed. I totally botched it though. That's me and self tanners for ya.