• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Human Nature/Michael Jackson Eye and Lip Tutorial

haleylovesMAC

Hey everyone. I did another tutorial for a "Human Nature" inspired look. I saw the song as an ode to New York City at night. So I kind of drew from city lights at night. These pictures are much clearer, and truer to the actual color. Okie doke. Here it goes.

i2kjfr.jpg

1. Prime the eye. I used a mixture of Almay Bright Eyes in Golden Gleam and a lavender cream eyeshadow from Prescriptives. This gave the shadow something to cling to, but still gave a nice sheen to my eye lid.
52kyeb.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

2. Take Idol Eyes MAC eyeshadow and apply from lash line to crease. (I love this color!)
DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

3. Take Crystal MAC eyeshadow, and put that in the inner corner (about a third of the eye).
DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

4. Take Gulf Stream MAC eyeshadow and put that on the outer corner.
DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

5. Take the Kat Von D Metal Orchestra palette and use the 3rd color from the left on the outer corner.
DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

7. Use the 3rd color from the right to define the crease and the 4th color from the right to make the crease more intense.
DSC_0070.jpg

8. Use NYX eye pencils in White and Silver to line the eye and make it brighter.
DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

9. Highlight the eye with white eyeshadow and Urban Decay pigment in Yeyo. Yeyo is really important to the look. This really brings out the crease.
DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

10. Take a gel liner (or liquid) and make a sharp line on the top lid. I used the Cargo Smoky Eyes Duo in Katmandu. Use a black matte eyeshadow to set the line.
DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

11. Add mascara to the top and bottom lashes. I used NYX Doll Eyes.
DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

12. Now define the eyebrow, and fill them in. I'm not sure what I used exactly, haha.
DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

13. Now, the lips. Use a babydoll pink lipstick. I used NYX lipstick in Narcissus.
DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

14. Now put a pale pink lipgloss over top. I used Smashbox Lip Enhancing lipgloss in Pout.
DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

This should be the finished look!
DSC_0127.jpg

C.C. is welcome. I hope you liked it! I believe my next one in the Michael Jackson series is going to be Dirty Diana. So, basically I'm gonna do a seductive temptress look. Thanks for looking! Again, if you have any requests, to hesitate to ask.

Haley
th_DANCE.gif

Latest posts