i am loving the new MAC tinted moisterizer

II3rinII

so we got our gratis for the new tinted moisterizer and Oh My Goat! i am in love. that plus mineral skinfinish natural equals beautiful fresh summer skin. now let me be the first to say im usually a coverage junkie, i dont and never have had the best skin. i still get break outs and have a bit of hyper pigmentation so i get weary of anything claiming to be sheer coverage. but i gave it a go anyway and im pleasantly surprised. first off its very buildable, much like laura merciers t.m., i used my finger to apply it (as if it were a moisterizer) and i went back and dabbed of areas i need more coverage in. it gives a smooth satin-ey finish to the skin, not dewy nor matte, it just looks like skin. i dusted on some msfn with the 187 which gave a bit more coverage and blurred the look of pores. so i definately recommend at least giving it a try!

jenixxx

YAY!
Can't wait to get my hands on this. I order online so now the hardest decision is which shade.
winks.gif

alka1

thanks for the review! it sounds great.. can't wait to try it myself. do you know the ingredients by any chance?

LMD84

great news! at first i wasn't going to bother with it but after reading various good things about it i will pick it up. justs don't know when i'll have spare cash for it!
smiles.gif

mdjmsj

I wasn't planning on picking this up-I was actually going to skip the collection entirely-but now I'll have to at least get a sample...Thanks!!

Ruby_Woo

We haven't gotten gratis for that yet
ssad.gif
We just got the lip tints and they are awesome! I love the feel of them. Can't wait to get my hands on the tinted moisturizer now
smiles.gif

II3rinII

well the color selection is minimal, due to the fact that it is sheer, it blends into your skin and perfects it. pretty much anyone in the nw15 nc15- nw20 nc 20 range will wear light, nc25 nw20-nc37 nw30 range can do medium, nc40 nw35- nc42 nw40 range can do med dark everyone else can do dark 9i cant remember off hand if theres a deep dark. if someone is nc50 or nc 55, nw45-55 dark may be too light to show up on the skin.
key ingrediants: sodium hyaluronate (which helps to plump the skin and is also in studio sculpt), glycerin 9which is a humectant), vitamins E and C (antioxidants to protect the skin), caffeine, sucrose, aloe leaf water and lecithin (all to soothe and condition). hope that helps!

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by II3rinII
well the color selection is minimal, due to the fact that it is sheer, it blends into your skin and perfects it. pretty much anyone in the nw15 nc15- nw20 nc 20 range will wear light, nc25 nw20-nc37 nw30 range can do medium, nc40 nw35- nc42 nw40 range can do med dark everyone else can do dark 9i cant remember off hand if theres a deep dark. if someone is nc50 or nc 55, nw45-55 dark may be too light to show up on the skin.
key ingrediants: sodium hyaluronate (which helps to plump the skin and is also in studio sculpt), glycerin 9which is a humectant), vitamins E and C (antioxidants to protect the skin), caffeine, sucrose, aloe leaf water and lecithin (all to soothe and condition). hope that helps!

that does help, thanks!!

once again I am between shades
ssad.gif
i'm between NC30-35.. I guess i'll go for medium dark and pray for the best

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo
We haven't gotten gratis for that yet
ssad.gif
We just got the lip tints and they are awesome! I love the feel of them. Can't wait to get my hands on the tinted moisturizer now
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by II3rinII

i completely agree with you on the shade recommendations.

and yes, there is a deep dark.

if you where these MSFN shades, these will be your SMT shades

light-light
light medium/medium-medium
medium plus/medium dark-medium dark
medium deep/dark-dark
deep dark-dark

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by alka1
that does help, thanks!!

once again I am between shades
ssad.gif
i'm between NC30-35.. I guess i'll go for medium dark and pray for the best

are you the same colour all year round? are you planning on wearing it year-round or just in the summer? if just in the summer, i'd go for medium dark.

snowflakelashes

I was going to skip, but I think now I'll get it. In light, I'm hyper tanned right now and I matched at a NW20 so when that fades in a couple months its good to know that the tinted moisturizer will most likely still match
smiles.gif

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
are you the same colour all year round? are you planning on wearing it year-round or just in the summer? if just in the summer, i'd go for medium dark.

I'm pretty much the same color year-round.. and I would wear this through the fall/winter as well. I saw your previous post and based on that I guess I would choose medium dark. I use Medium Plus in MSFN... thanks for the help!

chickatthegym

For those of you who've tried this, is the med-dark an orangey shade?? I am a medium-plus in MSF Natural and would prob go for the med-dark in this. But don't want to look too orange. Thanks
winks.gif

Cocopuff

We got this in gratis yesterday as well. I am off today so I am going to wear it out and see how I feel with it and the MSF-N.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflakelashes
I was going to skip, but I think now I'll get it. In light, I'm hyper tanned right now and I matched at a NW20 so when that fades in a couple months its good to know that the tinted moisturizer will most likely still match
smiles.gif

if at an nw20 when really tan, and its gonna fade, i'd suggest you go with light.