I am so sad! I got the MAC 182 Buffer Brush

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisha24
I liked my 182 more before I washed it
ssad.gif
once I washed it I found it became to soft and the bristles splayed out more if that makes sense. Still my favourite brush though
smiles.gif

There's a trick to not making the bristles puff out when washing.

When you finish washing the brush, smooth the hairs together and wrap the whole brush snuggly in toilet paper, forming a roll. This will make the hairs bunch closer together. It does take a bit longer to dry this way but when you remove the toilet paper the brush looks almost the same like when you purchased it.
thmbup.gif

jenii

A really good kabuki brush is the Tarte "glam on the go" brush. Has a case, and is small enough that you can swirl it in most jar lids.

ette

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvme4me
I tried this week again and it just didn't work like the BE Kabuki brush. Does MAC return without a receipt? I also washed it with Vincent Make up brush cleaner too.

If it was a gift, why don't you keep it and try it for other products?
thmbup.gif
It's great for blending blush after foundation and applying a mattifying powder.

MacArtist

Wash it with a gentle cleanser or shampoo, your brushes will come out beautiful, washing with brush cleaner I find makes the brushes too sticky. Brush cleanser is great for touchups on your brushes from day to day use but they need a deep cleaning once in a while! Hope this helps

ch33tah

Quote:
Originally Posted by birki
Its such a irony that MAC could sell a high quality brush like #182 in a cheap tacky plastic tube
lol.gif

yeah totally! i keep my brush in that plastic tube to keep it's shape..... and it's cracked three times.

i may just go to Shoppers today to buy the Quo kabuki brush for this case that was mentioned above.

;]

182 is the best brush ever. hands down. i even use it to brush my collar bone and cleavage with a shimmer powder.

sooo soft.
cheerleader.gif

ch33tah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
There's a trick to not making the bristles puff out when washing.

When you finish washing the brush, smooth the hairs together and wrap the whole brush snuggly in toilet paper, forming a roll. This will make the hairs bunch closer together. It does take a bit longer to dry this way but when you remove the toilet paper the brush looks almost the same like when you purchased it.
thmbup.gif

good tip!

i let mine air dry on a towel on it's side... about 80% dry. then i put it back into the plastic tube it in came in and let it dry over night. this way it stays together more and doesnt fluff out.

=]