I Did My Mac Demo Today

davidsito987

HELLO guy and gals!!!!
th_DANCE.gif

So I did my MAC demo today and I want to thank each and every person who posted anything and everything about what I could expect on my MAC demo. So let me give you my experience.
thmbup.gif

So I had my interview scheduled @ 11:30 and my demo @ noon..ish

So my model was m cousin LIZ...but let me tell you about my interview

It was with the ASS MNGR V.(SO GORGEOUS)!!!

I arrived 15 minutes early and the counte4r was a bit busy and she greeted me and asked if I could come back in 15 minutes...I was like YEAH NO WORRIES!....so I went to the outside of Dillards and waited
choochoo.gif

I was so ANXIOUS and just wanted to get it done with bec ause my mind was playing WEIRD tricks on me....doubting....questioning.....crap like that
th_dunno.gif

So anyway my clocked went pretty fast and before I knew it it was 1130 So i head down again and she was stilll busy!

SHE was soo sweet and said IM SO SORRy ILL BE WITH U IN A MINUTE...I was like....OF COURSE ---take your time.."the customer comes first!" HINT HINT

So then we headed towards STARBUCKS and sat down...She asked for my resume and beagn to ask me a seriers of questions like 30 q's(2 pages)

here is what I remember

"What do you know about MAC?"(history wise)
"What can you contibute to MAC?"
"Give me an example of a situatiuon that a patron was unhappy about and how did u deal with it?'
"Give me 5 stregnths and 5 weaknesses"
"What will your employers saya about your conduct @ work"
"What does professionalism mean to you?"
ummmm
ummm
umm

OH!
Give me an example of a time a patron was happy with your service?"
"What does MAC stand for?"
"Why do MAC MUA wear black?"
might not be exactly like that but similar--just your typical customer service q's

UghhhhI cangt remember any else but it took awhile and while I was in my interview my cousin called to tell me she was there..
\
V. was soo kind and told me to call her back and tell her 2o more minutes....so i did..........she said if I was OK with going to ATX for a week for trainging....of course i said YES!!!

So it went pretty well and then we went to the counter for the demo....

She showed me around and told me where everything was...blushes diff kinds of foundations....powders....lip lines lipsticks...etc....etc,..

So my cousin sat down and we began...she said ill be here sitting but im going to get up so just keep going.....

I proceded and asked my cousin what she had on her face which I alread knew just cleansed and moisturized...so I got some fix plus, I asked her to get up with me to match her foundation....I picked out NC40 in pearlized mineralize finish and concealer in NC35 and i picked my colors..

OH i forgot to say tyhat she gave me a scenerio....SHES A BRIDE AND WANTS A RUN THOUGH for her wedding.......

so I sanitized all my stuff with alcohol and rubbed my e/s with a tissue..picke out all my masacra wands 2 one for each eye and lip liner brus, eyeliner brush(2) etc..etc...so
she gave me soem brushes from an artist that was there and the artist was a bit snooty(take care iof my brushes she said) ALL good I said dont worry i tild her....thanking her at the same time
smiles.gif

so using the 190 i applied the prep and prime all over her face and at the same tim etalking to her about the product......all the goodies in it.
winks.gif

I next used prep and prime lip, and prep and prime eye

and picked up a paint pot - bare study and e/s--sultry sweet, wedge, espresso, vanilla

I i forgot the blush i used but it was a light pinkish mutes tone and on lips i used subculture lipliner/ cant remember the lip stick butit was a matte and lip glass i just yeye balled....actually all the colors I picked were random and I just kinda had an idea of wwhat a bride should wear on her day so keep thst in mind......

So I fifnished and she came back ater taking care of some customers and said OMG- WOW SHE LOOKS GREAT---SO PRETTY---wasnt sure if she was being sarcastic but i belived her----she was sooo NICE and she said that she was very impressed with m blending abilities and loved the color choices I used.....she said the only thing is maybe you could have blended up a bit more towards the crease but aside from that I LOVE IT----I asked what about the blush---does she need more I asked/ SHE SAID NO!! ITS PERFECT---I SAID WHAT ABOUT THE LIPS....are they too nudeish....SHE SAID NO!!!! they are great and look good overall.......so that it!!! she said she would let me know and thanked my model.....

THAT IS YALL
tong.gif

I HOPE I GET IT!!!!! Ill KEEP YALL POSTED THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO POST!!!!! muuuuuuuuah
cutey.gif

i hop ethis helps someone else!

M.I.A.

GOODLUCK HUN!

im thinking of applying because the girls keep asking me to apply. with the questions from the interview you had, what did you say lol i would be clueless on the one where it asks why the artists wear all black. i would say because it looks more professional and it makes a person focus more on the makeup/art. lol
help

davidsito987

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.A.
GOODLUCK HUN!

im thinking of applying because the girls keep asking me to apply. with the questions from the interview you had, what did you say lol i would be clueless on the one where it asks why the artists wear all black. i would say because it looks more professional and it makes a person focus more on the makeup/art. lol
help

EXACTL!!!
winks.gif

davidsito987

DO it!!!! someone told me if something scares you iots beacuse you are ready!!! dont hold back and DO IT!! if the girls are already asking you to apply DO IT!!! same thing happened to me...the girl that work in the counter were the ones that persuaded me to do it!! SO take a dep bnreath and inquire on the next hirings!!! GOOD LUCK

chocolategoddes

GOOD LUCK.

I've always wondered what are the makeup requirements for guys. The guys I see at counters are rarely wearin any noticeable makeup. Did you wear any to your interview?

M.I.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsito987
DO it!!!! someone told me if something scares you iots beacuse you are ready!!! dont hold back and DO IT!! if the girls are already asking you to apply DO IT!!! same thing happened to me...the girl that work in the counter were the ones that persuaded me to do it!! SO take a dep bnreath and inquire on the next hirings!!! GOOD LUCK

ok ill see if i can get the balls to do it lol.... im so scared to. that discount sounds nice and the hourly pay is pretty damn good too for having a kick ass job
smiles.gif
like i do tuts on youtube, i think i have the basics down but i dont think im a genius. i am always trying to learn new things and doing better but sometimes i see complete crap come out of mac and i feel i could do better.

davidsito987

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
GOOD LUCK.

I've always wondered what are the makeup requirements for guys. The guys I see at counters are rarely wearin any noticeable makeup. Did you wear any to your interview?

WEll I use Benefits YOU REBEl tinted moiturizer...i know...i its not MAC but i havent found a MAC that doesnt look likt im wearing make-up...i just like my skin to look healyth and dewy.....and a bit of concealer.....like a tiny bit and lip glosss but im a really macho acting guy.....no offense to my fellow queens...i love all people
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

madame_morbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.A.
GOODLUCK HUN!

help

That's a great answer and I'm sure it would be acceptable. The answer I gave during my demo, which my manager said was spot on is that black is worn due to the fact it does not reflect on to the skin of the person you are doing make up on and therefore gives you a true colour. It would make it very hard to match someone for a foundation if you were wearing a pink top, as you would get false pink tones appearing on the skin.

M.I.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madame_morbid
That's a great answer and I'm sure it would be acceptable. The answer I gave during my demo, which my manager said was spot on is that black is worn due to the fact it does not reflect on to the skin of the person you are doing make up on and therefore gives you a true colour. It would make it very hard to match someone for a foundation if you were wearing a pink top, as you would get false pink tones appearing on the skin.

GENIUS I TELL YA! hahaha complete genius

davidsito987

HHELLO SPCKTRA BUDDIES----

ssad.gif

So I havent heard anything yet and my friend who was my reference who is already hired said that the position is between some local drag queen/transy that has worked for them (MAC) before but was thought of stealing and me
girl_devil.gif
....So just trying to stay positive....a lil bummbed but hey Just thought id let yall know how i was feelin...

CandyApples83

Awww...well keep your head up...reputation goes a long way, and I'm not so sure that they would want someone who was thought of as stealing...that's a big NO NO...well, at least you know you're one of the final applicants that they are choosing between. That's very promising!

davidsito987

Well I just wanted to let evryone know that The manager I interviwed with and did the demo for called me up and told me they still havent offered anyone the position and might not until the counter actually opens ....So I just feel a bit of relief of that worrying and nerves were getting to me She told me that she asked her manager if she could call me and let me know what was going on and she said yes...is that normal for a manager to call and keep a possible hire in the loop?...I just thanked her and told her I really appreciate the chance and her calling me....
th_dunno.gif

im sad but i know its not the end of the world...im still gonna keep doing make-up on whoever needs it and till then just keep getting better at my craft....thanks to all who helped and wished me luck
th_hug.gif
kisses.gif

davidsito987

GUESS WHAT EVRYONE---i have a second interview on SAT!!! THIS IS IT! any advice?????i have to go through the whole demo again!WISH ME LUCK!!