I don't know whether to laugh or CRY!

nameless4tv

eBay Seller: misty60 karen-2008: Makeup, Health Beauty items on eBay.com

This is CRAZY! I couldn't believe my eyes! I never saw so much fake mac in one night *composes self* k....But seriously wow. They even have a picture showing the extra compartment in the fake shadows with the mirror and sponge tip applicator! (like the loreal HIP shadows)....goodness....

What a bad seed!
thmbdn.gif

redambition

interesting to see that the first seller has listed MAC-labelled items, but used other brand names in the colour description. for example - the two tone cookie eye shadow is a nars no 27 but it's in a MAC container. hopefully that oversight will flag these items as suspicious to any potential buyer.

the large lots of 12-18 eyeshadow pots seem to be popping up a lot now. thanks for pointing out another source of them.

wordgirl

I think I figured out a way to make this reporting thing relatively easy. If this isn't appropriate please let me know.

You can report up to 10 offending item numbers in one report. Should you wish to report the first seller, here is the first block of numbers to use:
250246740589, 250246741110, 250246741451, 250246742076, 250246742076, 250245580279, 250245586931, 250245595320, 250245596021, 250245598300

and here are the three additional numbers:
250245599071, 250245600610, 250245601148

If you don't know how to report, here's how to get to that screen (I am not pasting a direct link because I believe that URL reflects each member's ID; if you're not signed in I believe eBay might think you're me and in that case it will discount multiple reports):
  • make sure you're signed in
  • scroll to the bottom of a suspect listing. Under "other options" you'll find "report this item."
  • On the next screen:
  • *in box 1 click "counterfeits and copyright violations,"
  • *in box 2 click "potential trademark infringement"
  • *and then in box 3 click "other replica or counterfeit items."
  • Hit "continue" and on the next screen click "Email us with your question or concern."
  • That will give you a blank e-mail form that you can use to paste in the blocks of numbers. Sometimes the form already includes the number of the first item you clicked from, in that case please be sure to eliminate that item from the block of items you're pasting in.

If folks are interested in other cut-and-paste blocks of auction numbers, for other sellers, I can work on some tomorrow.

EDIT as of Monday morning: Ladies and Gentleman, all of the first seller's auctions are gone and she is No longer a registered user. Looks like the reports did it!
thmbup.gif
thmbup.gif
thmbup.gif

I will try compiling some more auction-reporting number blocks later today.

LittleDevil

Did anyone else catch on to the fact that every one of those sellers is form Thailand. Seems to be a common theme there. As for the post above me, yeah I did notice that they said the brand was Max Factor....Interesting. I will never buy any MAC from E-bay or anywhere where there may be a slight chance it could be fake. I see even on here people selling things that turn out to be fake. Guess the only way to do it is to buy straight from MAC!!!!!