I feel old.

X4biddenxLustX

I think that usually after something big like marriage, having kids, finishing school happens an awkward transitional period follows it. And with that we get into these ruts and kind of miss or dont feel the same enjoyment in things that we use to do before. You wont always be in this rut, eventually you'll find something else you find yourself having fun doing. It's just the different stages of life I guess.

I just turned 18 and finished school during the summer and I'm already feeling it. Just 1 or 2 years ago I was going out all the time with friends, doing fun things all the times and then when senior year hit I got all serious. I stopped doing the "fun" things and started worrying about graduating, wtf I'm going to do after school, getting a job, etc. And no its not fun at all now but I know eventually I'll get use to it and start figuring my life out and finding new things I enjoy doing.

lelaelena

Everyone always feels nostalgic about their "glory days". In a way you need to change your perspective and start to look at your current days as your glory days. Think about what those people from your past are like now. A lot of them probably still the same. Made no progress, had no success, go from meaningless relationship to meaningless relationship.

Frankly I'm 20 and I'm kind of jealous of you. To be able to have found the one and have stability and calm at such a young age is a blessing.

I think once you are ready and do have kids, you'll be so consumed with them and their lives and their happiness, that your old days will seem like pointless distant memories. If you are as levelheaded as you sound, things will eventually work themselves out when you do have kids. There's nothing quite like a little baby in your arms to make you feel centered, content, happy and ready to relinquish all selfishness.

In the meantime, decide to do random things. Figure out some new hobbies or things to take up your free time. If it's the social aspect for you, volunteer. There are TONS of things you could do.

X4biddenxLustX

Yeah I really do wish I could enjoy these current glory days. Cause I mean really this should be the time of my life. It's just that I'm in a weird place at my life right now that I just dont know how to deal with properly. The only word I can use to describe it is weird, like I just dont get why cant I snap out of it ya no?

Fataliya

I'm 35, will be 36 in July, and I have 5 kids. Oldest is 17, youngest is 14 MONTHS. I'll be in a walker when she graduates.

Talk about feeling old, lol. *cry*

ImMACnificent

Isn't life ridiculous sometimes?

I remember when I could not WAIT to grow up. I hated being a teenager. I was wishing for my 20's like crazy. Then it got here and I missed my sleepovers and 12 am phone calls gushing over cute boys at school.
Oh life, you always seem to amaze me.

I am 25, in a serious relationship (3 years April 2nd) and definitely no kids (unless you count 4 guinea pigs and a cocker spaniel <3 love em). But I feel like a 40 year old mom sometimes. Most of my friends have moved away or gotten married, some have had kids. I'm happy for them but know I am far from ready for that. Luckily I still have a few friends that like goin' out and partying here and there.

Sometimes I love being a homebody, other times I'm ready to run out to the bar, get crazy drunk and have my boyfriend throw me over his shoulder and drag my drunk ass home and put me in bed. Life is strange. I feel old, too. But luckily I try to keep it spontaneous as much as possible. Go through your phone, call someone you don't know well and ask 'em to go out for a drink! Randomly ask a co-worker to dinner or on a double date. Get crazy drunk at karaoke and sing "Land Down Under".

Life can be good..just need to add a little spice <3

X4biddenxLustX

Yep its like be careful what you wish for! I use to when I was little also wish I was grown up so I can do all the adult things. Now I'm just wanting my childhood back lol.

Karen_B

I wonder sometimes if I am the only person in the world who thinks life just gets better and better the older I get.
When I was 20, I had no money, no self-esteem, no independance, was even more neurotic than I am now (and that's saying a lot!), my relationship to my parents and brother wasn't great - not terrible, but not spectacular either. I was so worried what other people thought of me. For me, the positives of getting older far outweighs the positives of being 20 and out on the beer every weekend.

Now that I'm 32 (33 in August) I find I am calmer, not as easily shaken, because I know things usually work out. I finally accept that I'm an introverted grump who hates going to pubs. Drinking alcohol in crowds gives me anxiety attacks. Far better to enjoy a dinner and a few bottles of wine with a smaller group of friends. I get along so much better with my parents, especially my brother. I love spending time with my nephew and my best friend's children. I crochet, I knit, I make marmalade with my sister-in-law. My name is Karen, I act like an 85 year old and I love it!

Fataliya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_B
I wonder sometimes if I am the only person in the world who thinks life just gets better and better the older I get.
When I was 20, I had no money, no self-esteem, no independance, was even more neurotic than I am now (and that's saying a lot!), my relationship to my parents and brother wasn't great - not terrible, but not spectacular either. I was so worried what other people thought of me. For me, the positives of getting older far outweighs the positives of being 20 and out on the beer every weekend.

Now that I'm 32 (33 in August) I find I am calmer, not as easily shaken, because I know things usually work out. I finally accept that I'm an introverted grump who hates going to pubs. Drinking alcohol in crowds gives me anxiety attacks. Far better to enjoy a dinner and a few bottles of wine with a smaller group of friends. I get along so much better with my parents, especially my brother. I love spending time with my nephew and my best friend's children. I crochet, I knit, I make marmalade with my sister-in-law. My name is Karen, I act like an 85 year old and I love it!

I definitely agree with you! Yes, I feel "old" from chasing around the 5 kids, but yanno, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love them all, and I can honestly say that I really enjoy my life.

NutMeg

^Hey SparklingWaves, where've ya been? I haven't seen you around in a while.

/threadjack

LMD84

i go through the same feelings sometimes! i got married when i was 22 (6 days before my 23rd b day) and now i'm 24 with no kids but work full time and so does hubby.

i feel like i never go out anymore and when i did try and arrange a night out with one of my female friends she couldn't 'book me in' until 28th feb! please bear in mind that we arranged this about 3 weeks ago! so she couldnt squeeze me in for over a month. my other female friend is pregnant so not into going out. and even though we meet after work to go for drinks it's not the same as a wild night out. my other friends liuve 3 hours drive away (they left lincoln when they finished uni and i did not)

i even feel like me and hubby never do anything exciting. we always come home from work and have a chat and go on our computers until bed room time where we'll either have sex or watch a dvd. i feel like my life is being wasted allmost.

i enjoy my work... in fact i love my work and this is terrible but sometimes when i am not there i feel like i want to be! i enjoy the staff, the job and just the place in general.

but yeah i feel like i'm a 50 year old woman rather than being 24...